Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating Wireless networks?

Options
  • 19-04-2007 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi, I want to create wireless networks between a few laptops, is this possible? Or do I need some kind of router to connect them? I used to do it very easily with my Apple Mac's I could create a network to send data between the iMac and Powerbooks and I could send data and lots of other things..

But I really cant figure out how to do it with windows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

One of the things I'd like to do is get other laptops to connect to my internet through my own laptop.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You are looking for an ad-hoc network.

Best option would be a router, but it most certainly can be done without one. There should be an option in the wireless settings of the network card to make the connection ad-hoc as opposed to access point.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Ah.. I'll try it out later.. hopefully it works. ~_~ Whenever I try and create a network it never seems to work out right at all.. no one else can pick up my network even if i try and connect with USB keys.

Advertisement