Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker in Shankill/Sallynoggin

Options
  • 19-04-2007 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi all, Can you tell me if there is any good quality games in the Shankill/Sallynoggin area? I have recently moved from Blanchardstown, and I am gasping for a game that does not involve taxi money into town? any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Theres a Pokerevents game in Brady's Shankill on a tuesday. It was brutal when i was there but I believe they have dealers now so maybe improved. €50+10 freezeout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭PokerEvents-Ste

Yes PokerEvents run a weekly game in Brady's Shankhill

It every Tuesday starting at 7.30pm SHARP (early start time to allow for longest blinds possible)
    BuyIn is 50+10 Double Chance FreezeOut
    Dealers at every table
    Clock is 20 Minutes (which may have to ammended due to time constraingts)
    Starting Stack 2500+500(Early Bird)+500(Loyalty Chip)= 3500
    Double Chance 3000 (available at any stage after the first hand)
    Total Stack 6,500
    100% Prizepool payout (5% of the pool is held for the League between 50 - 100 euro)

It's a good game, the standard has improved over the past few months. I have played it myself a number of times and have enjoyed it. It's one of the best value pub tournaments in Dublin.

I hope you enjoy it

Regards

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Wow alot of changes IF these in fact are true it sounds great!

eoghan104 wrote:
    Wow alot of changes IF these in fact are true it sounds great!

You'll have to go down and check it out for yourself. Sean is doing a great job in Bradys!

There are also dealer dealt Sit & Go's once players exit the main tournament.

Numbers are building, 25-30 over past few weeks.

Valhalla

This tournament is on tonight, Bradys Shankill, 7.30 pm sharp
    50 +10 Double Chance FreezeOut
    Dealer Dealt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Starting Stack 2500+500(Early Bird)+500(Loyalty Chip)= 3500
    Hi Stephen, Could you give details of what exactly the Loyalty chip is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Valhalla

thanks for the reply stephen, i will head down tonight and give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Mellor wrote:
    Hi Stephen, Could you give details of what exactly the Loyalty chip is?
    if you go this week, then next week you`l get a 500 chip fo rbeing loyal and coming every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

what if i hear some1 say something bad about stephen behind his back, and i tell them to shut up thats he's really a nice guy . . . would i get the loyalty chip then?

semibluff wrote:
    what if i hear some1 say something bad about stephen behind his back, and i tell them to shut up thats he's really a nice guy . . . would i get the loyalty chip then?

no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

no
    but your a bollo0cks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Valhalla

Thanks Stephen for the info...

I went down to Bradys last tuesday, although I didnt really figure (went out in 14thish). I was impressed by the standard. I was expecting the madness that usually goes with pub poker, there was 1 fella who didnt have a clue but had a gigantic chip stack of 40000 with the blinds at 200/400, he was moved to another table were two players in particular ripped him to shreds in the space of 10 hands. It was funny to watch them doing it. Your man just didnt see it coming, i think he still hasnt seen it. It was well run with good dealers. I will be making it a regular thing out of this now. Recommend it to anyone.

Valhalla wrote:
    Thanks Stephen for the info...

I went down to Bradys last tuesday, although I didnt really figure (went out in 14thish). I was impressed by the standard. I was expecting the madness that usually goes with pub poker, there was 1 fella who didnt have a clue but had a gigantic chip stack of 40000 with the blinds at 200/400, he was moved to another table were two players in particular ripped him to shreds in the space of 10 hands. It was funny to watch them doing it. Your man just didnt see it coming, i think he still hasnt seen it. It was well run with good dealers. I will be making it a regular thing out of this now. Recommend it to anyone.

Gald you enjoyed the night!

It's on every Tuesday Night! We also have Buglers Rathfarnham which is dealer dealt also. It's a 10-15 min drive from Bradys. Some of the lads travell over to it from Shankill. It's a 25+5 with one rebuy.
    Plenty of parking!

Stephen

Advertisement