Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teagasc courses and stamp duty relief

Options
  • 18-04-2007 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the situation on stamp duty if I do the basic 180 hr teagasc course this summer? It seems one has to commit to devoting half your normal working time to farming the land? Any idea what this means specifically in legal terms? Can one lease out the land and still be in REPS and qualify, for exampe? I am working full time and cannot foresee myself leaving the security of the job for a part time job and part-time farming. Would it be enough to plant some forestry, for example, to qualify and lease the rest? I find the Teagasc officers so unhelpful and they have no idea about the new regime coming into place on foot of budget 2007.

Regards,

Bradaun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

in their defence the teagasc people tend to have a very hard time getting solid answers from the department as no one in the department ever wants to be seen to give a concrete answer that they might be quoted on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bradaun

With that I agree.:rolleyes:

Advertisement