Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial Vehicles with good mpg

Options
  • 18-04-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering what kind of mileage people are getting from their commercial vehicles. Got a choice of what I want but don't want it to be expensive to the company either. I have a citreon berlingo at the minute that gives around 400miles to the tank (55litres). I was thinking of a hyundai tuscon or santa fe or maybe a focus van.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Peugeot Partner or Volkswagen Caddy are pretty ok, particularly the HDI versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ianbrennan2000

i have a focus van '06 with 64k km on it. i have it since new and i average around 900kms per tank which takes about 45-50 liters.

dont know the actual mpg but i think its very good

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'll b buyign a brand new van in the next year or so (really like the trafic). Was lookign for something like Parkers but for vans and the like but couldnt find anything. Something like that with mpg would be very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

Yeah I've an 06 Berlingo for work, and was kinda dissappointed with the mileage too (~800km/500miles to full tank). Berlingo engine is just a workhorse though, old technology no TDi etc - maybe if you went for one with a turbo it might help

Peugeot Partner or Volkswagen Caddy are pretty ok, particularly the HDI versions.

Wouldn't the Peugeot Partner have the same engine as the Berlingo - ie old school engine even if the van is brand new?

• Advertisement

Spose mpg will vary a lot aswell with what you carry. A lot of heavy gear in the back will result in a fair drop in mpg.

*runs off to clear van of loads of heavy stuff* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I have a 2000 reg VW Transporter SWB 1.9TDi. It does a steady 47mpg on average. I often carry heavy loads and I drive it on a bit when it has no cargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MacAnna19

macnab wrote: »
    I have a 2000 reg VW Transporter SWB 1.9TDi. It does a steady 47mpg on average. I often carry heavy loads and I drive it on a bit when it has no cargo.
    do u do a lot of motorway or long haul driving I'dont think u 'd get anyway near that in the city stopping and starting I have a scudo and it done around 31mpg in the city with varying loads

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

old_thread.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 breda206

My 2.0 jtd scudo gets 44 mpg on the motorway

breda206 wrote: »
    My 2.0 jtd scudo gets 44 mpg on the motorway

:p

bazz26 wrote: »
    old_thread.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hi,

for van reviews, try Wisebuyers A3 size car guide if you can find it or also their website. Quick overviews of models, not sure if tech specs and mpgs are online. http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring/van-reviews/

The Partner and the Berlingo are extremely nippy if they have a HDi 90 engine in them. That's what I have in my Xantia with 170k up and its nippy, refined and also capable of 400k if oil & filter are changed every 5k. Plus change the pulleywheel along with the timing belt........and Bob's your uncle.

Bulletproof engines. Proving to be even better than the XUDs. on motorway driving, I was getting 700 miles to a tank in an unladen 5 yr old Xantia, at motorway (ahem speeds). The Berlingo mentioned sounds like its the older XUD engine. Sprightly but tough enough on juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Agree Berlingo or Partner HDI's ya beat them..............................

Advertisement