Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GF off the fags 4 weeks

• 18-04-2007 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

My girlfriend has been off the fags 4,shes doing great and very proud of her,Her cravings have gone mad the past week is there anything i could advise her to do or anything that could help her im not a smoker so i no f...all??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

The 4-6 week stage is really tough. I used to follow smokers down the street to get the smell of their cigarette!!!
    The best way I dealt with it was whenever I got a craving was to do something that would take my mind off it like go for a walk or start to do some work that would divert my attention away from cigarettes. It will get easier but she has most of the hard work done now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

kinda lost wrote:
    Her cravings have gone mad the past week is there anything i could advise her to do or anything that could help her im not a smoker so i no f...all??:confused:

Insert hands in her underwear perhaps? I have just quit too and if a better half was offering me some everytime I had a craving, I think I'd get over them pretty damn fast.

G'luck.

K-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭Archeron

I'd recommend really big deep breaths when the cravings get bad. Breath in and hold it for about 10 seconds, and just confirm her own desire to stop smoking once and for all. I found when I was giving up that the harsh cravings felt almost like a type of panic, and with deep breaths and focused thoughts (like the reasons she wants to give them up) help you focus and put the cravings to the back of your mind.

One good thing about this is that as she clears herself out from the smoking, she will be able to notice how much deeper she can inhale, and will feel even better still. Same with smells, I can smell so much more now that i used to be able to, so that might offer encouragement too. Needless to say, just dont take any really deep breaths around the likes of abbatoirs and freshly manured fields. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

the herb Lobelia is really good u get it in the health food shop, and take 3 times a day. it does nothing at all ...unless u have a cigarette, then u will throw up. seriously it really helps, because, it takes away the idea of a nice little treat, and it certainly takes away the idea of somking to feel comfortable socially. i have been using it for 5 weeks, and have not had a single puff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Kell wrote:
    if a better half was offering me some everytime I had a craving, I think I'd get over them pretty damn fast.

Wow, is it that bad?!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement