Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit sent to landord by mistake

Options
  • 18-04-2007 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi

I recently rented an apparment fo 2 months through a letting agent, We paid the two months rent in advance, and also paid a hefty deposit.

The deposit was to be returned to us, less an agreed amount for electricty.

We left the property nearly 1 month ago and we agreed the amount to be returned the following week. Since then we have not received the money.

We have been contacting the letting agent about the return, I know Easter holidays paid a part in the delay.

However, I was informed that someone in the office sent our deposit to the landlord and we will have to wait until the agent can contact the landlord so that the agent can get the money back.

What is the situation here - does any one know. Is it the letting agent who I have the contract with or the landlord and more importantly, who owes me the deposit now?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Paddyo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

It is the agency who owes you the money not the landlord. Just because they sent the money to the wrong person, this is not your problem as such. Demand the immediate payment or contact the PRTB (Tell them you will do this otherwise).
    They have no reason to hold out on returning payment.
    Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

also look for interest on the money (prob feck all but it will be at their cost) for the time that they have the money.

Advertisement