Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary limit for Affordable Housing??

Options
  • 18-04-2007 6:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi,

currently there is a limit of 40k on earnings if you want to enter the affordable housing scheme. Has anybody heard if this is going to be increased?

Thanks.

Fredzer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Nope, why should it?...Its suppose to be for people on low incomes.

Apply for the Initiative instead so you won't be on a long list and 'skip the queue', salary is capped at a generous 58k and your name will be entered into a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

gurramok wrote:
    Nope, why should it?...Its suppose to be for people on low incomes.

Apply for the Initiative instead so you won't be on a long list and 'skip the queue', salary is capped at a generous 58k and your name will be entered into a draw.
    Completely out of date Gurramok. Income ranges have changed significantly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

jdivision wrote:
    Completely out of date Gurramok. Income ranges have changed significantly.

Not really.

The OP had asked about the Affordable Housing Scheme not the Initiative.

On checking each council website, the following have a 40k income limit for the single applicant:

Fingal
    SDCC
    DLRC
    Kildare

DCC dont state it, they do state that a mortgage must not cost more than 35% of your net outgoings, though digging further at http://www.dublincity.ie/Images/Affordable%20Ho%20ing%20News%20Oct%20_tcm35-41664.pdf gives a 40k limit as an income rule like the other councils.

Meath seems to be 55k which is kind of strange as the urban based capital would have the higher prices than a rural based county, the prices on their website would reflect a lower income criteria (that 130k 3 bed semi for example in Kells)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Jaybee

has anyone recently sent in an application to SDCC for affordable housing?

Just want to know what kind of time frame it is to look at applications. Being told twenty different things on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Fredzer I was told by DCC that you need to earn over 40K to apply the new development in Clongriffin and Baldoyle. Hope that helps:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

Thanks for the help folks :) I have applied but since my application I have gone over the 40k(just) mark, so I've been told I only get one year to get a house. Fingers crossed .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

DCCs limit is e65k per annum at the moment. However the Govt has announced plans that will see people needing to earn a minimum of e45k in order to qualify for affordable housing

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

it works off your income for the previous tax year. so if you were on 30k last year and 60k now. you still qualify.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

jdivision wrote:
    DCCs limit is e65k per annum at the moment. However the Govt has announced plans that will see people needing to earn a minimum of e45k in order to qualify for affordable housing
    Is that not referring to a separate scheme? I can't imagine it'd be good policy to only offer it to people above e45k.

• Advertisement
Advertisement