Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help For Mini Company

Options
  • 17-04-2007 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

We've been doing mini company since christmas and we've finally thought of a product- personalised mugs with peoples photographs on them. We had a website to sell the mugs to us but today we found out they charge €4 extra PER MUG for delivery bring the cost price up to €12!!! :eek: there is no way people will pay €15-20 for a mug! does anyone know where to get cheap personalised mugs???? PLEASE HELP! ITS URGENT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

wow! your only starting your mini-company now? we finished ours months ago! And I'm glad we did too!:D Don't know anywhere you can get them though, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I for one, would despise a mug with my face on it. Anyone good at art doing the project? You could get some of those pens that are for writing on ceramic/glass and buy some plain mugs in bulk somewhere. Write names or little messages maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

oh I'd hate to have my face on a mug!

I'd say you'd be looking at that price no matter where you went, putting photos on anything like that is usually pricey
    you should just do personalised messages with stick on letters or funny little charicatures or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

It'll be tricky to get mugs for very cheap, try buying them in bulk from a wholesaler of something!!! Not so sure about the face on the mug idea tho, wouldn't be mad about that!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BomChika WowWah

:D Thanks for all your ideas but I have now persuaded the group to change the idea and we are not doing mugs anymore!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

If you are still thinking of doing those mugs..a guy i worked for who does the mugs (in either the fujifilm camera shops in dalkey, shankill, bray). He would probably do them at a reduced price if you were still going to do them. Maybe 8/10 euro. Thats if you lived out that direction...

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

ITS OVER YAY:D
    We passed anyway, that was the important thing..
    [was in the mug group with thread starter]

Anyone else ever think of doing this as your company, i STRONGLY advise not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 reg_anam

Sounds like the project was a great success - that is you learned a lot !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Second that - was part of the first Transition Year program (back in 1987 :eek: ). Our Minicompany lost money hand over fist - but now am in business for myself and it gave me good pointers on what NOT to do (i.e. a. Don't spend a fortune on expensive stock without first figuring out if anyone wants to buy your product and b. If they do can you actually make any money from it).

(and c. Don't give TY students free rein on the school shop ;)

Lots of people say TY is a doss - but I thought it was a great learning experience - and good craic as well. Guess it depends on the school.

Advertisement