Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get to cork?

Options
  • 17-04-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭

Hi all,i just got a call from the betfair marketing guys(am i a betfair whore?:p ),they were looking for advice on the best times to run sats to the ME in the macau,buy ins etc.
    The weekly final is currently $162 buy in for a $2600 package with 2 feeders during the week @$16.50(i think!)

With a lot of poker weekends coming up and the good ol' champions league on wednesdays I suggested Monday as a good night for the weekly final,thoughts?
    The sats haven't been filling so maybe upping(a word?)the buy in could generate a ticket,$250 maybe?
    I'd be interested to hear if many of you play on betfair,and if any of you would be interested in playing these?

I should add that my interest here is to fill the sats so I can win my seat:p and to help out a couple of mates....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Any feedback would be appreciated and for anyone interested in playing we have a chance to tailor these sats for ourselves.

cheers in advance...

apoligies to the mods if this thread is in the wrong place,feel free to move it....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I didn't know there were sats even running for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

I thought you were looking for ideas about how to get to Cork and I was gonna suggest the below...

The Betfair Qualifiers have been a joke so far, 9 players last weekend I think. Something needs to be done and I personally would start by guaranteeing at least one ticket per qualifer!!

BW-WAGON.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

I thought you were looking for ideas about how to get to Cork and I was gonna suggest the below...

The Betfair Qualifiers have been a joke so far, 9 players last weekend I think. Something needs to be done and I personally would start by guaranteeing at least one ticket per qualifer!!

BW-WAGON.JPG

and you from Banagher:)

carrigeen wrote:
    and you from Banagher:)

One of its finest exports ;)

• Advertisement

The sats for this have been running for a few weeks now, and yes their has been little interest,but with the tournie approaching i'm sure interest will grow especially if we can find a time and buyin that suits the majority of players.
    To be fair the sats in the macau haven't even generated one ticket to date(correct me if i'm wrong),but i'm sure these will fill up as the usual rush starts before the festival!
    So,any interest in these??I for one don't fancy the trip to cork on a wednesday night(not with the pool on the road to glory:) ),if we can get a few playing these we can generate some tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

One of its finest exports ;)

lol.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hope Offaly are not trying to claim Sligoman Eugene Lambert as their own. There may be trouble if that is trying to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Danny,

Tell Betfair if they go back to Crypto then I'll definietly play in the sats. The new software is one of the biggest f**kups in poker history !!!

6 months on and its still utter crap

lol i'll pass on the message,but i think the've been told before:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

Hammertime wrote:
    Danny,

Tell Betfair if they go back to Crypto then I'll definietly play in the sats. The new software is one of the biggest f**kups in poker history !!!

6 months on and its still utter crap

I disagree. Its running pretty swimmingly these days and for a tournament player the daily overlay's are not to be missed.

Danny, the Macau is suffering from the 3 (GJP and BigSlick) festivals happening back to back next month.
    Also, very few Irish playing on Betfair, as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Daany same as last year we will generate a few tickets for this , Me and fox one two last year .. I expect to get a few tics out in sats at our main event in may

Neill K

Ive just mailed this to Betfair Poker..

Betfair have decided that it be apt to "put their face" to a high profile Irish Tourney. I am sad to say that their association appears to have stopped there as you do not appear willing to promote this tourney further in order to ensure that it is the roaring success a tournament of its structure deserves to be.

Your Irish compatriots (both Paddy Power and Green Joker Poker) have put you to shame on a number of counts. From what I can see the Macau have provided the best structured tournament available in Ireland - they have taken it to a new frontier with a 75min clock. It is rather disappointing that they seem to have been let down by their all singing all dancing partner - Betfair.

Thus far the feeders to the Macau Classic have been astounding failures. Why?
    - firstly you have been running satellites to a tournament about which information was not to be found on your site. This has been corrected to some extent.
    - secondly you have failed to guarantee any of the weekly grand finals or feeders to the weekly grand finals - grow a pair of balls, go out on a limb - if you are willing to "sponsor" this event surely it is not a great step forward to guarantee the feeder/finals to ensure that Betfair may at least send 1 poker player to Cork, rather than the 0 it is currently on target for.

There is a large player base in Ireland who will be travelling to this event, Im sure given the great structure many people from the UK would also be willing to travel if they had suitable opportunities to qualify.

There are a number of missed opportunities here for Betfair Poker
    - It is failing to ensure that the tournament with which it is associated will be a major success.
    - If promoted properly Betfair Poker has missed an opportunity to coax back a number of its former player base who left along with crypto.

All around its a poor show by Betfair Poker.

Yours in poker,

Noel Hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Ive just mailed this to Betfair Poker..

Betfair have decided that it be apt to "put their face" to a high profile Irish Tourney. I am sad to say that their association appears to have stopped there as you do not appear willing to promote this tourney further in order to ensure that it is the roaring success a tournament of its structure deserves to be.

Your Irish compatriots (both Paddy Power and Green Joker Poker) have put you to shame on a number of counts. From what I can see the Macau have provided the best structured tournament available in Ireland - they have taken it to a new frontier with a 75min clock. It is rather disappointing that they seem to have been let down by their all singing all dancing partner - Betfair.

Thus far the feeders to the Macau Classic have been astounding failures. Why?
    - firstly you have been running satellites to a tournament about which information was not to be found on your site. This has been corrected to some extent.
    - secondly you have failed to guarantee any of the weekly grand finals or feeders to the weekly grand finals - grow a pair of balls, go out on a limb - if you are willing to "sponsor" this event surely it is not a great step forward to guarantee the feeder/finals to ensure that Betfair may at least send 1 poker player to Cork, rather than the 0 it is currently on target for.

There is a large player base in Ireland who will be travelling to this event, Im sure given the great structure many people from the UK would also be willing to travel if they had suitable opportunities to qualify.

There are a number of missed opportunities here for Betfair Poker
    - It is failing to ensure that the tournament with which it is associated will be a major success.
    - If promoted properly Betfair Poker has missed an opportunity to coax back a number of its former player base who left along with crypto.

All around its a poor show by Betfair Poker.

Yours in poker,

Noel Hayes

To be honest Noel Ken has his regulars anyhow to this event , there will
    be over 150 i reckon here .. He usually gets a good few english and scandies and then an overflow of qualifiers from the Club ..

They never depended on Betfair , They just have an assaociation with them ...

Still its a well structured letter mate hope we never piss u off ill be coverin it up for weeks LOL:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

since betfair have gone to there new site there has been problems with downloads some players cant even download it on to there computer then when theres new updates it wont do that so u cant play the site .a lot of people have left over that including me .now in there defence they tried everything they could to fix that for me first time .i had to clear all poker sites from my computer for there soft wear to work on my computer but since new updates it wont even work like that anymore so i think that a lot of people have the same problem and have just left so they are finding it hard to fill there sats because of this as well

Advertisement