Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP syndicate game?

Options
  • 17-04-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Just a thought, as in thinking out loud. The IO syndicate game was a success. Would something similar be possible for the WSOP?

The basic idea is this: 38 to 76 players, each paying between 275 and 145 euro to make 10,000 euro plus reg. for professional dealers (JP was excellent so hopefully go with them again). The WSOP entry is about 8,000 euro and then 2,000 euro towards flight/hotel.

There are no losers, just winners. The winner of the syndicate tournament goes to Las Vegas and plays for 25%. All the others get an equal portion of the remaining 75%.

jacQues
    (optimistic hamster)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭5pin5

interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I'd be up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

interested

• Registered Users Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Dot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I'd donate 25% of my fee for the 75% right to abuse the winner when he/she donks out of the WSOP

this is higher level thinking folks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

I'd donate 25% of my fee for the 75% right to abuse the winner when he/she donks out of the WSOP

this is higher level thinking folks!

you mean with something like 9 10 in the SB agianst resistance, yep that's donking out of a tournament all right.

I read it in a book Mr Fawlty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Solksjaer wrote:
    you mean with something like 9 10 in the SB agianst resistance, yep that's donking out of a tournament all right.

I read it in a book Mr Fawlty.

higher level thinking indeed

2505manuelb.jpg

- omfg, what do you mean you went out on the FT bubble when 2nd in chips with 42off? You just cost the Syndicate a million dollars!

- lol, I read it in one of Bops posts on Boards. He is big hero in my country!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Value town.

hollah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

im also interested ,but to be honest I think you need at least 30% to make it worth while and make sure the enthusiasm is still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Yeah I'm interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

what about doing it for two tickets and sharing both 70%`s. so that way the sydicate had 2 chances to cash...

This idea is astounding in it's creativity , the mind of a genius at work. I cannot but offer myself as a willing participant in this venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

Solksjaer wrote:
    This idea is astounding in it's creativity , the mind of a genius at work. I cannot but offer myself as a willing participant in this venture.
    i have to say the way you put this together last time for the IO was very good and im sure it took a lot of time and effort and organising so fair play.
    Hope either you take charge again or who ever is can do a similar job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Gholimoli wrote:
    i have to say the way you put this together last time for the IO was very good and im sure it took a lot of time and effort and organising so fair play.
    Hope either you take charge again or who ever is can do a similar job so i can again show my superiority over other boardsies muhahaah.
    Thinly veiled brag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

what about doing it for two tickets and sharing both 70%`s. so that way the sydicate had 2 chances to cash...
    While that's certainly possible, we'd need more players to achieve the same. I do like two seats better though. However, a quick calculation reveals this:

Prizepool needed: 20k (8k buyin + 2k flight/accommodation each)

50 players: 400+15 euro
    75 players: 267+15 euro
    100 players: 200+15 euro

I don't know if we'll get 75 players, but 50 is very achievable. However, with a 415 euro buyin I doubt we'll be able to "manage" it. For example, I myself wouldn't pay 415, but I would pay 200. Even with a double chance instead of a single chance I won't fork out 415. Hope that makes sense. If there are 100+ players then sure make it two seats.

The maths for one seat are:

50 players: 200+15 euro
    75 players: 134+15 euro
    100 players: 100+15 euro

30%/70% instead of 25%/75% is fine by me (about the max. actually).

jacQues
    (hamster calculatus)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

Solksjaer wrote:
    This idea is astounding in it's creativity , the mind of a genius at work.
    I know, I know... LOL
    Solksjaer wrote:
    I cannot but offer myself as a willing participant in this venture.
    By all means, go ahead and pull this cart. :)

jacQues
    (hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional hamster)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

Interested

• Advertisement

jacQues wrote:
    I know, I know... LOL

By all means, go ahead and pull this cart. :)

jacQues
    (hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional hamster)

Hi Jacques,
    I'll let you organise this one, I will play however, and promise to take the WSOP down....(I mean the standard).
    I only really want to meet Phil Helm and Mike the mouth. When they start on me I can use the new testosterone laden saying...'Ok head ups for your freaking houses' failing that I may just funpunch them for ts and gs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Just saw this thread.

Was on Holidays, well running tournaments in lanzarote. Great craic........back to point.

I'd be happy to help organise this, Red Cow?

I'll donate money as well.

Advertisement