Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Closing Part 2

Options
  • 17-04-2007 3:16pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Found out that I couldn't close on my apartment because the builder hand paid his contributions to the local authority.

Is this common?

80% of the development is occupied all ready?

Any one have this happen to them before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

this is a very common problem these days.

who exatly is refusing to close? i.e. the bank/your solicitor/ or seller.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

De Deraco wrote:
    this is a very common problem these days.

who exatly is refusing to close? i.e. the bank/your solicitor/ or seller.

Seller cant close as he hasnt paid is contributions to the county council.

If YOU can pull out of it at all do it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why?

That would be a fairly big decision to make with out anything to back it up

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

Thats crazy talk. the only thing wrong with the property is that it doesnt have a certificate of copliance with planning permission. not because the building is shody simply because the council haven't got there money yet.

it is not really "good marketable title". however sometimes the council wait to issue it till after a development is finished or the developer can't pay them off till he has sold all the houses.

Try to get the seller to give you a"best endevours letter" and that should satisfy your solicitor and the bank should except the quilifacation on title.

and find out how the other people on the development got their sales closed.

• Advertisement

De Deraco wrote:

Try to get the seller to give you a"best endevours letter" and that should satisfy your solicitor and the bank should except the quilifacation on title.

My solicitor is trying to get a letter of intent as he called it so that I could close. I'm just wonderig is this a smoke screen though if 80% of the rest of the development has people living in it.

I'm also worried that it took 8 weeks for them to tell us this is why its taking so long to close.

This keeps getting better and better.

Got mortgage payment taken out of my account again. I rang the bank who said the money hadn't been returned.

I rang my solicitor who said the money had been returned.

So now that we are ready to close the money has gone missing.

Advertisement