Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions needed asap please

Options
  • 17-04-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I,m about to head to dublin and need some good directions to get to Sandymount dart station from red cow roundabout comeing up from newlands cross. Do i go around the m50 roundabout and i think its the 3rd exit on my left at the alfa garrage and head out the m50 that way? I'm not great with that side of the city at all. Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What time of day?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

I have to do something else before i head in the dublin direction but i hope to be at newlands at about 6ish and need to be at sandymount station for 6:30

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Description

You start at Red Cow Roundabout in Dublin and head towards R110 for 502 yd.

Leave Red Cow Roundabout and head straightforward onto R110. Stay on for 2.03 ml.
    4 min
    2.31 ml

Leave R110 and head straightforward onto Tyrconnell Road. Stay on for 711 yd.
    5 min
    2.71 ml

Leave Tyrconnell Road and head straightforward onto Grattan Crescent. Stay on for 338 yd.
    6 min
    2.91 ml

Leave Grattan Crescent and head straightforward onto Inchicore Road. Stay on for 156 yd.
    6 min
    3.00 ml

Leave Inchicore Road and turn left into Memorial Road. Stay on for 127 yd.
    6 min
    3.07 ml

Leave Memorial Road and head straightforward onto Con Colbert Road (N4). Stay on for 2.49 ml.
    10 min
    5.56 ml

Leave Con Colbert Road (N4) and head straightforward onto O'connell Bridge (N11). Stay on for 1.07 ml.
    12 min
    6.62 ml

Leave O'connell Bridge (N11) and head straightforward onto Baggot Street Lower (R816). Stay on for 1420 yd.
    14 min
    7.43 ml

Leave Baggot Street Lower (R816) and turn right into Pembroke Road (R118). Stay on for 1094 yd.
    15 min
    8.05 ml

Leave Pembroke Road (R118) and turn left into Sandymount Avenue. Stay on for 294 yd.
    15 min
    8.22 ml

Follow the Sandymount Avenue for .
    15 min
    8.22 ml

You have arrived at your destination Sandymount Avenue in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Am I the only one thinking "good luck do it in 30 minutes?"

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Thats pretty detailed :D
    So i will have to go through the city center and onto baggot st. Dam..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

You can look for alternative routes at http://www.ie.map24.com/

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I have to do something else before i head in the dublin direction but i hope to be at newlands at about 6ish and need to be at sandymount station for 6:30

You won't do it in 30 minutes on a weekday, simple as that. Even on Sunday you'd have trouble.

Why not park in the Luas Park & Rooide at the Red Cow, then take the Red Line to Connolly, then the DART to Sandymount?

If you don't need your car and will be coming back for it later (or indeed travelling by bus/getting a lift), that would seem ideal to me.

Failing that... helicopter rental? ;)

Advertisement