Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50

Options
  • 17-04-2007 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

hi all

ive to do training this week and its in ballymun, for all you regular commuters of the m50 how long does it take roughly to get from the red cow to the ballymun exit? at peak times i.e 9am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Honestly it could anything from 30 mins to 90 mins depending on traffic.

Thaedydal wrote:
    Honestly it could anything from 30 mins to 90 mins depending on traffic.

that much of a difference, cheers Thaed

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jkgvfg

If you're coming from Carlow, then you might be better cutting up via the Outer Ring Road at Kingswood, onto Liffey Valley and down through to the toll then rather than the Red Cow and all the roadworks. Did it yesterday from the Ball in Naas through the toll in half an hour and it was empty the far side of of the toll. This morning, it was a disaster but I think that was because of "incidents".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

All of the d15 area was backed up badly due to those 'incidents' madness that walking my kids to school takes longer due to back up traffic due to m50 related 'incidents'.

• Advertisement

jkgvfg wrote:
    If you're coming from Carlow, then you might be better cutting up via the Outer Ring Road at Kingswood, onto Liffey Valley and down through to the toll then rather than the Red Cow and all the roadworks. Did it yesterday from the Ball in Naas through the toll in half an hour and it was empty the far side of of the toll. This morning, it was a disaster but I think that was because of "incidents".

i went the way you went too, jesus was woeful up to the toll bridge, flew it after it... what were these so called incidents?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jkgvfg

Not sure. There was a big backlog on the Nangor Road which might have sent more people around via Clondalkin Train Station, which then backed up onto the road from the ORR, blocking people from getting onto Fonthill Road. I've been using that route for 6 months now and this morning was the worst I've encountered there. It can sometimes get bad as you're passing Liffey Valley and the Arc restaurant but the left lane moves quicker if this is the case.

Advertisement