Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin Bus logo???

Options
  • 16-04-2007 7:07pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the Dublin Bus billboard campaign at Pearse Station?

It shows an overhead image of Dublin city, with the Transport 21 logo. But most interesting thing about it is that there is a different Dublin Bus logo at the bottom right hand corner. The familar "db" is in black at the centre of a yellow circle, restored to its original standing straight version instead of the falling down version in use since c.1999. The "Dublin Bus" logotype is in bold sans-serif instead of the god-awful CIE 2000 Bold font thats been used for the past few years.

Is this a one-off for this particular advert, or are Dublin Bus breaking away from the CIE 2000 identity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

So does this new logo still look like a db in the form of a castle? I always thought that was a bit clever. I also like CIE 2000 (probably the only thing about CIE I do like!).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

murphaph wrote:
    So does this new logo still look like a db in the form of a castle?

Yes, its the same basic design. But more like the original version than the current falling sideways design.
    I also like CIE 2000 (probably the only thing about CIE I do like!).

Despise it with a vengence. It looks especially bad on signage (as seen until recently on the Maynooth line) - thankfully Irish Rail seem to have stopped using it for everything in favour of a more modern font for signs and advertising.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I take it that font is the one that's used on the bonnet covers for "Serving the Entire Community" and all the internal signs on the newer buses - it looks just awful - what's wrong with Arial?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

What's right with Arial? I hate it for some reason. Maybe because when people don't know what font to use, they default to it. Now Transport is a great font.:)

I've seen the new logo myself on some signage, I'm curious to see if the other CIÉ companies see a similar revamp.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

This was their origional logo and should never have been replaced.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Strangely enough it looks actually quite funky and 'with it' - I think they should give it a shot.

The CIE round logo just has a 60/s,70/s aura about it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Bradidup wrote:
    This was their origional logo and should never have been replaced.
    the good old "flying snail",probably one of the best company logos ever seen on this island. was also adopted by the railways,looks amazingly modern even now. i do like the current "castle" DB logo,clever,like IE's original "train tracks" logo:)

lord lucan wrote:
    like IE's original "train tracks" logo:)
    And here's a blatant rip-off of it... :eek:

http://www.refer.pt/

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

This 'new' logo was in use on the 'Community Support Programme' advert in this mornings free Metro paper.

H

• Advertisement
Advertisement