Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire 9510 problems

Options
  • 16-04-2007 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

Heres the story, got my Acer around 4 months ago which came with XP Home and the bundled Acer software, after playing with it for a day or two checking wireless and bluetooth worked I wiped the HD and threw on XP Pro. On installing XP Pro I was notified that XP couldn't find a bluetooth device on the machine even though I had just used it about 1 hr previous and upon further inspection, it seemed that the buttons for turning on and off the bluetooth and the wireless NIC don't work at all. I can however turn the wireless NIC on from Start >> Connect To >> Wireless Network Connection so thats working, if not the way it is fully intended.
    I know that was 4 months ago but I got a new phone recently and want to synch it via bluetooth with my laptop so I'm stumped as to how to fix the button problems. I have everything with the latest drivers etc and the WIDICOM bluetooth driver install throws an error when i try to install it saying that it cant find a bluetooth device.

Opening Device Manager and under Bluetooth Devices all I see is a Bluetooth Bus Enumerator. I'm really stuck on this one so if anyone could help out I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement