Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powderfinger

Options
  • 15-04-2007 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Not sure if there are many Powderfinger fans over here but they are releasing their new song "Lost and Running" 9am Monday morning (Aust Standard Time) --> Midnight in Ireland on Myspace.

Can't wait to here the new song. If you haven't heard of them they are a brilliant Australian band. www.myspace.com/powderfinger

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

not unlike killing heidi, also aussies, wouldnt mind seeing them together on a nice euro tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

A friend of mine that moved over to Perth is always raving about them so I downloaded some of their songs a few months ago.....

Pretty good imo. Off the top of my head "My Happiness" and "These Days" are 2 of their better songs I've heard.

Will defo look out for their new single, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

"Waiting for the Sun" as well is a brilliant song!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pity Vulture Street wasn't as good as Odyssey #5.
    Hopefully the next one will be better....

Hard to believe its 4 years since their last studio album.

Just listened to new song.... sounds great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Ausdubliner

I would have to say that Vulture St is a great album. Also, Internationalist is up there.

Waiting for the Sun is a great live song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Their lead singer Bernard Matthews had a good solo record out last year too, 'Tea and Sympathy'. I'd recommend Wish You Well...Ray D'arcy gave the odd play a few months back.

Anyone at his gig in Crawdaddy back in September? Very good live.

Looking forward to hearing PF's new tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Their lead singer Bernard Matthews had a good solo record out last year too

Bernard Matthews? Free CD with every turkey twizzler? :D

Wasn't crazy about Bernard Fanning's Tea and Sympathy.... It was a bit dull (especially the second half of the CD).

I guess I'm one of those guys who discovered PF around Odyssey #5 (an aussie friend introduced me to them), I bought all their albums etc., and now think that odyssey #5 is my favourite because it was my first....

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

I was doing something that involved Bernard Matthews in work early on, must have been a Freudian slip!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,114 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Was given a present of their album Internationalist a few years ago, not too bad, one or two good songs, i like listening to

new song sounds okay too

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Over here in Oz myself and they are rated very highly, and it's not too difficult to see why. My cousin has been playing a lot of their stuff for me and it's quality. Would definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I was recommended these from a friend of a friend who is Australian and they're really good. She has me hooked a few obscure Aussie bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Loved them when I was in Australia in 2001, went to see them at the ******* a few years back. Great band, Odyessy #5 is a great album.

Advertisement