Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase speaker volume

Options
  • 15-04-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there any way I can increase the volume from the speakers on my laptop? It's an ACER 5602 WLMI that I recently bought and the speaker volume is fine for me but I have a relative that is hard of hearing. On a recent skype conversation I had the laptop volume and speaker volume turned up full but my relative could not hear the conversation properly. I also tried using headphones but same problem - not loud enough.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

If you double left click on the speaker icon down task bar beside the clock it should bring up the volume properties,click on options in that then properties,make sure theres a tick in the "wave" box,if there is exit the properties page and turn the wave output to maximum,hopefully this should increase your volume a bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

The wave output was at the max while I did all the previous stuff

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It sounds like your relative really needs some sort of amplified earphone designed for the hard of hearing.

An alternative might be to buy a pair of speakers for the laptop.

Be careful that you don't actually damage your laptop speakers - I am sure that they are not designed for constant playing at top volume.

Advertisement