Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop use outdoors

Options
  • 14-04-2007 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Is there any settings or gadgets you can get to make it easier to view laptop screens outdoors?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

A big black sheet to go over your head and the laptop is about the best I can suggest.;)

Due to the fact that outside is inherrently much brighter than inside, most screens will be hard to use as they are made generally for soft ambient lighting. Turning up the brightness might help a small bit but it's a hard problem to tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

cheers Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What I also do is change the colour scheme on the desktop to something like high contrast, black, or high-contrast white. That, coupled with sitting in the shade and having the screen brightness up full should do it.

I wrote my masters thesis in the back garden on my laptop one Summer. :)

Advertisement