Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for nfl games

Options
  • 14-04-2007 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm going to SF in September and was considering taking in a game, probably the Seattle one, but I'm not pushed. I wonder if anyone here has ever been to a game out there.

How much do tickets cost? I know it depends on where you're seated, etc, but ballpark.
    How far in advance would you need to book tickets? Could you turn up on the day and reasonably expect something, even if it's in the nosebleeds against a nonsense team? Or should I be calling Ticketmaster when the tickets first go on sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just did a quick search of net, seems that this site has tickets for sale, from $70 and up...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Really depends on the team. Tickets for the New York teams and Chicago are like gold dust, and you won't get one without going through an agency or broker (like Stubhub etc) or any other kind of tout.

I'd imagine its like that in Indianapolis and other places with succesful teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

49ers and Seahawks will be a sell out so you can chance waiting until July/August until general sale of single tickets or use the online tout style websites. Nosebleed seats in Monster Park are not bad as it is a relatively modern stadium but who wants to sit that high.

This Siteare a good site have used them before. But as the game type is is a high class game for the 49ers you will pay over $100.

Have a good one whatever you choose to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I thought any 49ers game would be sparesely attended, as they're fairly rubbish, right? But I guess a game against the Seahawks would be almost considered a local derby, so it might be difficult to come across tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

corblimey wrote:
    I thought any 49ers game would be sparesely attended, as they're fairly rubbish, right? But I guess a game against the Seahawks would be almost considered a local derby, so it might be difficult to come across tickets.
    Nearly NFL game sells out, 49ers are average now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

yeah I would have thought that it's really hard to get tix. I lived there in the early nineties when they were winning Superbowls for fun. You must remember there's only 8 home games and several million in the bay area looking for tickets. the Raiders have 8 home games, the nearest team(albeit in a different division), but were/are sh!te. Seattle, it's miles away but I suppose you could call them local derbies. I don't have sky sports so haven't seen regular nfl since Ch4 had them, more's the pity.

In conclusion, book Weeeelll in advance.

I'm jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Ficus wrote:
    i went to the 49ers vs the raiders game last season in monster stadium.
    book the tickets well in advance is my advice. our tickets were $60 each for high up but you could see the game perfectly.

Same here I have relatives in San Fran and was lucky enough to get Tickets for the Colts game. The result I must forget but I saw the game perfectly with Tickets costing the same as well

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭cobijones

I was looking to go to giants vs packers in september. The cheapest tickets Ive found so far are about 250 dollars. Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I'd try a few more resellers if i was you. sounds a lot.

Thanks, yeah It did seem alot to me but I am basing that on nothing as I have never been to a game before. I just cant imagine that every giants fan has to pay 250 quid for a game. Do ticketmaster sell them?

• Advertisement

cobijones wrote:
    Thanks, yeah It did seem alot to me but I am basing that on nothing as I have never been to a game before. I just cant imagine that every giants fan has to pay 250 quid for a game. Do ticketmaster sell them?

$250 is normal for the Packers games as they always sell out no matter who they are playing you can get as low as $150 but they are extreme nose bleed and very high in demand obviously as they are cheap.

Ticketmaster sell some tickets but not alot. That 250 would not be the RRP. The standard RRP ranges from $45 and $150. $150 in this case being box seats. But as they sell out everygame the tickets never reach Ticketmaster. They sell off the odd nose bleeds but they sell very very fast on ticketmaster and usually announced on their website.

$250 is normal for the Packers games as they always sell out no matter who they are playing you can get as low as $150 but they are extreme nose bleed and very high in demand obviously as they are cheap.

Ticketmaster sell some tickets but not alot. That 250 would not be the RRP. The standard RRP ranges from $45 and $150. $150 in this case being box seats. But as they sell out everygame the tickets never reach Ticketmaster. They sell off the odd nose bleeds but they sell very very fast on ticketmaster and usually announced on their website.

Thanks , this is looks like its not going to happen then. But on the off chance that I am lucky what is the best way to go about getting tickets?

cobijones wrote:
    Thanks , this is looks like its not going to happen then. But on the off chance that I am lucky what is the best way to go about getting tickets?

Many different sites

like Here

or

Here

Both reliable sites.

Thanks , I might have to win the lotto first it seems!

Can anyone tell me if the Jets play in the same place as the giants and how far outside New York City is the stadium. Also would it be easy to get tickets for the jets than for the giants?
    Thanks

Meadowlands/Giants Stadium

Jets tickets are harder to get than Giants tickets. Jets sell out every game. Stadium not too far away. Handy to get to by car bus or train. Takes up to 30 minutes depending on traffic if you are coming from manhatten.

Does anyone know if the Buffulo Bills tickets are hear to come across ? I looked on tickets master and it says tickets are on sale from saturday but on their site it says the match angainst the Broncos on the 9th of september is sold out.

With the Bills they fill their Stadium even though they are muck some very loyal fans being honest. For the bigger teams against the Bills you can expect Ralph Wilson to be full. Checked with a buddy of mine who is a season ticket holder for the Bills he said the Broncos game is sold out.

With the Bills they fill their Stadium even though they are muck some very loyal fans being honest. For the bigger teams against the Bills you can expect Ralph Wilson to be full. Checked with a buddy of mine who is a season ticket holder for the Bills he said the Broncos game is sold out.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it

Advertisement