Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tori Amos Apreciaion Thread

Options
  • 14-04-2007 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

I think she deserves it, shes such an amazin singer.

Not many people in Ireland no of her but I really do not understand why! Anyone here listen to her?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Your name is so Welsh, that I'm inclined to think you're not Welsh. If you are, forgive me. And it would explain why you say not many people in Ireland have heard of her. I disagree. I would say that Tori has as much of a following here as anywhere else. It's just that she's kept a pretty low profile over the past few years. I know she's been releasing stuff but not with the same level of publicity as back in the early nineties. Cornflake Girl was a huge hit here. And Crucify did pretty well too. Her relative popularity fizzled out in the late nineties and she's been more of a cult figure ever since. I'd say a lot of under-25s haven't heard of her because of that.

I'm not a big fan of her but not because I dislike her, she's just an artist I've never investigated. What I know by her though, I like. I think Winter is an astonishing song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, winter's a great song

she's hot too, so that helps.

Mordeth, every post I've read by you lately is concerned with how hot a particular female is... you're gagging for it, aren't you? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Would Tori Amos really be classed as alternative?

Dudess wrote:
    Mordeth, every post I've read by you lately is concerned with how hot a particular female is... you're gagging for it, aren't you? ;)

actually I tend to pick my female artists to listen to by how good looking they are, it's how I started listening to tori amos, jewel, cara dillon, jorane and recently regina spektor

if they didn't look hot in their videos, I wouldn't listen to their songs.. but they do, and it's good ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Tori Amos is very hot... Her new album 'American Doll Posse' is out here April 27th! I can't wait!!! And yes Tori Amos is Alternative. And im not Welsh Im Irish! And Also Daffyd Thomas is a name from Little Britain!!! Im 16 and I listen to Tori!!!

Daffyd Thomas is a name from Little Britain!!! Im 16 and I listen to Tori!!!

Ah, gotcha. Didn't realise Daffyd's surname was Thomas. You're 16 - so you were born around the time she was recording Little Earthquakes... I'll get me coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

That spelling of 'appreciation' is awful, just awful.

I'm so sick of seeing this kind of thing on this website.

At a guess I would say most kids aged around 12-13 would get that right.

It's not even close and it seems either you've not made an effort to get the right spelling, or worse, you think it's correct.

Just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Peter, the OP dropped the "t", it's probably a typo. Relax, there's no need to act so condescending. People make mistakes.

two p's actually

but anyway, it's not just younger people.. alot of my friends would be early twenties and i'm stunned by the level of spelling some of them have... it's... astounding, truly.

• Advertisement

Didn't notice the second "p" missing. It's fixed now so we can move on.

Am... Okay. Get over it. My keyboard doesn't work too well... But anyway big deal, I would really appreciate if you would get a life... Yup. Born 1991. So not like its just for the over 25's! I'm going to see her in ****** and twice in London Hammersmith!

But anyway big deal, I would really appreciate if you would get a life...

No need for the lip either. What is it with this forum the last couple of days? Everyone is getting uppity!

John wrote:
    No need for the lip either. What is it with this forum the last couple of days? Everyone is getting uppity!

Im not giving 'lip'! I'm just not being attacked for spelling something wrong...

Am... Why was ****** in my post bleeped out?

what the hell were you trying to say?

i can't thik of any dirty wirds around that size that would qualify for the censor

What the hell??? Why can't we say oxygen? With an 'e'?

Try it. It just bleeps out., Pure wierd!

oooh

that could be because of some legal stuff

there shoud be a sticky about it in every forum

It's not weird, it's deliberate. In the thread "READ BEFORE POSTING: Due to legal proceedings issued by MCD" it clearly states that for ongoing legal reasons discussion of MCD promoted events is not allowed so their biggest event is blocked.
    Im not giving 'lip'! I'm just not being attacked for spelling something wrong...

I dealt with the spelling issue, no need to tell the poster to get a life, that's just being equally as sarky.

Now PLEASE get back on topic or I'm locking this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Yeah Tori has got some amount of quality in her back catalogue, songs like winter,cornflake girl, silent all these years, a sorta fairtytale etc etc and her version of teen spirit is stunning(woth watching on youtube) and she has a house in Ireland too!!

:D
    John wrote:
    It's not weird, it's deliberate. In the thread "READ BEFORE POSTING: Due to legal proceedings issued by MCD" it clearly states that for ongoing legal reasons discussion of MCD promoted events is not allowed so their biggest event is blocked.

I dealt with the spelling issue, no need to tell the poster to get a life, that's just being equally as sarky.

Now PLEASE get back on topic or I'm locking this thread.

Wow... These forums sure are strict... Can't even say ******!

Thanks for dealing wih the spelling I was very mortified(sure)

Okay anyway... Her new video was out today.
    http://music.yahoo.com/musicvideos/lists/new.asp

Just press 'Big Wheel' beside Tori Amos. Didn't post the actual page incase that was also not allowed. My favourite album has to be Scarlet's Walk though! Theres something about it thats... I dno... AMAZING!

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Thanks for dealing wih the spelling I was very mortified(sure)

I think sloppy typing and bad spelling shows no respect for the reader, that's what I was taught in school.

I think sloppy typing and bad spelling shows no respect for the reader, that's what I was taught in school.

And I'm still in school and learning how people can be so disrespectful. It was one spelling mistake!
    This Is obviously an Irish forum? I have never been on a forum before where they completely change the subject to the person who is posting! I think John will agree with me when I ask you to just drop it!

Mordeth wrote:
    i can't thik of any dirty wirds around that size that would qualify for the censor

oh my, oh my what must people think of me..

Yes yes. Is this an official forum thing because its really strict and proper? Anyway back to the subject at hand... We don't want to be deleted for going off subject now do we?

well, on the subject of tori amos I loved her singing 'muhhamed my friend' with maynard from Tool, that was awesome

actually, I'm going to dig that out now I haven't listened to it in a while

You got it in my head. I'm listening now. Hmmm... But don't you mean 'Past the Mission' with Maynard from Tool which was on Under The Pink?

nope, it's from a live show... maybe that isn'tm what the song is really called, but i have it on tool - ultra rare tra[ck]s

• Advertisement

Right, thread locked. Daffyd banned for discussing MCD events despite being warned and Peter Collins banned for trolling about spelling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement