Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from a HP DV2000 to Macbook?

Options
  • 14-04-2007 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

I have a 6 month old HPDV2000 that I'm not especially impressed with (I'd only ever had HP desktops before so figured a HP laptop would be a good buy) and I know that if I do decide to change it, the sooner I sell it the better as regards resale value.

I've heard friends raving about Macbooks and generally they seem to get the thumbs up on portability, performance and build quality. Going on ebay sales (I know!) the difference between what I'd get for my HP here in the US and the cost of buying a Macbook here is around 300 euro.

Any advice for or against? I'm going to go and try one out today at the Apple store but thought you guys might be able to steer me in the right direction. Are there any major problems using stuff intended for PCs - like websites and software?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I recommend taking a look at Apple's "refurb" store. You'll get what is basically a new product with the original warranty. What often happens is that a customer order the wrong product but has already opened the box, etc.. In such cases, Apple cannot legally sell the product as new anymore, so it gets fully tested, repackaged and they put it up for sale again with a discount.

Go to:
    http://www.apple.com/iestore/

And click the refurbished store, it's at the bottom right corner of the page. You can get the latest MacBook model from €800 + VAT with full warranty, etc, there. For memory upgrades, I recommend Crucial at crucial.com. No connection with either company, just good experiences.

Advertisement