Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real newbie question

Options
  • 13-04-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Right, this is going to make me look a complete gobdaw, but I'll console myself with the fact that I've loved camping since being introduced to it a few years back in Spain, and I have long term plans to buy a campervan, though not one of those ones that can't go any faster than 100kph.

What are those extendable rooves for? Is it just extra headroom or is there anything else to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It depends really.

Some are just for extra headroom (i.e. being able to stand up in the van ...which can be very helpful when trying to make dinner or get dressed for example)

Most of them actually have a fold out bed underneath, giving you headroom during the day (with the bed folded back) and a rooftent type bed during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

The other option to the 'poptop' roof if the 'hitop' roof which is permenent, but gives you loads of extra storage space...all too easy to fill though *LOL* and less aerodynamic, but hey its a camper, you're not in a hurry right <grin>

Advertisement