Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rwc

Options
  • 13-04-2007 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭

Would it be foolish to put a bet on Argentina to win the world cup? There current odds are 66-1 with paddy power.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

They're not a bad team. But winning the RWC? Not a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

especially when they are in a group with ireland and france.

i think the best they can get is second place in the group and if they get that they face the all blacks don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

I wouldnt be so quick to right them off. They've got a strong side. Though the group they're in doesnt help at all.

Having said that I couldnt see them winning the WC. 66-1 is very tempting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

They aren't in the position where by they need to "get lucky" to beat IReland or france.

I'd say they would do half decent against NZ on a normal occasion due to their physical presence up front. Also you don't see them play anywhere near as often as the other top teams which makes them insanly unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

That said I dont think they will win it :D But 66-1 is a great offer for them! Wales are 50 -1 to win it, reckon argies would beat the head outta them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,597 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

daveirl wrote:

i'd fancy Ireland more than South Africa or England !
    New Zealand certainly have the squad depth, and France are at home, but after Blancos antics, i'd prefer NZ to win,rather than France.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

thebaz wrote:
    New Zealand certainly have the squad depth, and France are at home, but after Blancos antics, i'd prefer NZ to win,rather than France.

I would be wary of the South Africans.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

south africa have the squad so i'd be wary of them, england not as much so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

England are muck. I wish they were in our group instead of the Argies. Any other group the Argies would qualify from, I'm convinced. Don't think they'll beat France or Ireland though. They'll give us a better game than England though, thats for sure.

The WC should be won by NZ. France would be my outside bet, and at a push Ireland.

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote:

You obviously havent been watching the super 14 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

South africa are my team for the tornie.

And if your going the argies do it on betfair so you can lay it off in the 1/4's if they get that far. The fact they are 99/1 is also a factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I agree with alot of the sentiment here that S.A. could be the dark horses. They have the pedigree, squad depth and their franchises are playing out of their skin in the Super 14 this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Agree also with the dont-dismiss-SA folk. Would still fancy NZ more but dont base your view of SA on what you saw in this hemisphere last Autumn. They'l be quite a different squad - and a good one I have a feeling.

Advertisement