Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Village

Options
  • 13-04-2007 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if any of you have been up to kildare village shopping outlet and if it is any good?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I've been there a few times and find it quite good. They have a Karen Milen, Coast, Calvin Klein underwear shop, Levis store, Molton Brown etc. If you have kids there is also a playground there too. My sister lives in Rathangan so we often head over to the outlet but if you have to travel a huge distance I wouldn't go out of my way for it, if you are in th greater Dublin area though its only a short trip and worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Went there before and was a bit let down. That said, it definitely seemed to cater more for women than men. Like Kizzy said, I would drop in if I lived nearby but wouldn't travel far again to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

They have a small collection of shops but it's not a bad collection either. There's a nice shop with outdoor/ski gear, some good shops for bed linen/towels that kinda thing, clothes and cosmetics stuff, and CK which is good for undies. I wouldn't normally go into some of the shops that they have there like Levis and Coast so I guess it was a bit of a change. Nice atmosphere too, it's a good place to spend an hour or 2 browsing than going to a big mall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I quite liked it. Defo more for the women though. There are a few sports shops and a good Quicksilver shop too.
    Looking forward to going back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭UnReg123

went there twice, and don't intend on going again. I was dissapointed with a lot of the stock they had!! but then again it depends on what your taste is and what you're looking for!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi thanks for the info. I do live near it so I went up on saturday. Lovely layout to the place but I found that a lot of the dresses esp in coast were dresses i remembered looking at this time last year. The other problem is that while there were lovely dresses in karen millen at low prices there were lots of each so no doubt if I bought one to wear soon locally I would see someone else in the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's an outlet store, everything will be from last year!! There are further shops planned there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Hi thanks for the info. I do live near it so I went up on saturday. Lovely layout to the place but I found that a lot of the dresses esp in coast were dresses i remembered looking at this time last year. The other problem is that while there were lovely dresses in karen millen at low prices there were lots of each so no doubt if I bought one to wear soon locally I would see someone else in the same thing!
    I noticed that they had a lot of size 8 (even I am not an 8 in Karen Millen, a size 10 yes) but Karen Millen are dresses that last the time so I would not worry about getting clothes there - I drag my husband there for the Karen Millen and then apease him with a Starbucks but have not found much else there. The only good thing is that it is on the way to my parents so I have an excuse to go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭panda142

Looking for a dress for my 21st next month and was thinking of travelling up to Kildare Village next week and maybe on to Dublin if I dont find anything.

Hoping to get something nice for a reasonable price as this party budget is expanding every day.....

.....do ye think I might get something?

Advertisement