Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackpot €50+5 deepstack freezeout.

Options
  • 13-04-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Just wondering who's heading to this tonight?
    All the freaks will be out seeing as its friday the thirteenth and that, hopefully i'll have a sick beat free night as I could really do with the cash, now all I need is to learn how to play this texan hold them game and I will be sorted.

Tourney starts at nine by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What is the starting stack and blind level?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

May well head into this, but I also have the offer of a tasty little home game, so depends what time that is kicking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

According to the sticky its 6k starting stack, first three levels are 30 minutes with subsequent levels 20 minutes long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i'm gonna give you all 3 weeks to win this tourney... then its all mine!!

I think this will be my last poker tourney outing for a while, will probably play cash the next few fridays due to the need to make some money... that said i'll probably go broke tonight :(

Good luck in the exams Jeff.

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote:
    Good luck in the exams Jeff.

exams is a game of skill... sure, one exam question is luck, but a year of exam questions is skill. like poker once you have a plan for the hand (the exam) you should be fine. Do you put in all your quotes and knowledge preflop (the introduction) or do you leave it for the big river bluff (a quality summary!)... :o

Jeff you need a girlfriend...

shoutman wrote:
    Jeff you need a girlfriend...

how is your sister by the way!?

I was about to ask you the same question, she legal yet?

shoutman wrote:
    I was about to ask you the same question, she legal yet?

no. but be warned... one more mention of MY sister from you and i'll go after your sister...!

this thread is in danger of wandering off course... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sosh

luke

u defo heading into this... think i may do so myself.. Give me a shout soon Shoutman

im 3% to play this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Hmmmn I wasn't going to play much poker in an effort to save up for america but sweet jesus I got so much money for working the open this is tempting me so I'm a maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Its good to see so many of you are adding to my prize pool

Thanks for the donations guys

I am the value!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

yeah il be in for this think ross is aswell. delance8 last longest. last time i was out 1st hand. killme00 whats your name im in jackpot a lil bit and didnt know there was much boadsies were there

managed to take this down again tonight for 700. hopefully i havent used all my luck before the drogheda game this sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

AKQJ10 wrote:
    managed to take this down again tonight for 700. hopefully i havent used all my luck before the drogheda game this sunday

Your sick, that 43 call was shocking

Mark the call that knocked me out alone should of given you the win, was an amazing call.

Well played and congrats.
    That must be a first winning back to back tourneys on consequetive nights. Did the guy to my left come second yea? He seemed decent enough, well he knew what he was doing at least.

And by the way both times previous that I pushed over the top on you I had the goods, top pair both times, really thought I was getting a call out of you on the second time, and the last hand I really thought the longer you thought about it the more you were going to fold, care to explain your thought process? Mine was simple, you dont have an ace and at most you have middle pair, so in that respect I was right.

Well played again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

What did he call with?

I was a bit tired at this stage so he can clarify the details,, I think it went

Blinds 1k/2k I have about 32k and he has about 60k

I raise to 8k he called, flop came A10X he checked I bet 10k, he calls, flop is a blank and I shove for roughly pot. He thinks for about 3-4 minutes until clock is called on him and calls for most of his stack with 6 10o for middle pair, I had k8sooooted and no miracle river and I'm gone.

I think thats what happened otherwise it was him that raised and all action that took place I initiated however he will have to clarify that, either was I was shocked to see what he turned over and it was a great call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

You were down to 1k at one stage, weren't you? Well played!

I bubbled, during the hand i went out on the table was talking about taking 50 off the top for 6th place, guess i made that decision for them :D

No I was never in too much trouble, I was in seat six at the final table, wearing a USA rugby jersey. What seat were you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

shoutman wrote:
    No I was never in too much trouble, I was in seat six at the final table, wearing a USA rugby jersey. What seat were you in?

Oh, i meant mark i think his name is, AKQJ10. I thought he said he was down to 1k early on in the tourney. Could be wrong.

I was sitting beside you on the FT, on your left.

yeah was down to 1k in the 2nd level. the hand with luke on the final table was i thought if unless you had an absolute monster you'd check behind me on the turn to call a bet on the river. u didnt seem to comfortable so i didnt think you had a big hand and middle pair was good.

twas a good read, I was thinking about betting as it probably would of looked stronger but im sure you would of called that anyway.... maybe I was wrong, I tried the whole dont look at anything for the three hands I pushed on you, obviously I havent perfected it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

you took it down thurs and fri back to back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

nice result with the big haaart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Good tourney this was, bumped out on the 2nd last table when I caught someone stealing with 10,8 but didn't have enough to push him off. Who was the dude who made the crying call with a,k whilst he was chip leader, that the winner?

Advertisement