Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical singer looking for gigs any idea on where to look?

Options
  • 13-04-2007 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

Hi i am a classical singer looking for gigs (i was thinking weddings and such i cant think of anything else really).

If anyone had any idea of where to look for gigs for a classical singer then i would be grateful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Funerals? (though that might be awfully depressing, I'd love to be a wedding singer but would hate to do funerals) Get in touch with your parish church and ask them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Whereabouts are you based, and what sort of voice do you have? If you're near me, I might keep you in mind if I'm ever looking for someone, which happens sometimes (I'm an organist/choir director [supposedly] myself).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Thanks

I am a soprano and based in dublin on the southside I trained with an opera singer who has worked with the Met in New York. (I originally wanted to be an opera singer).

I just pmed you Doshea3 with more info.

Thanks Piste i would not like the idea of funerals myself.

Advertisement