Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop

Options
  • 12-04-2007 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

I was wondering if someone could recommend a good laptop for me?
    I'm going to College but I'm hoping for a laptop that can play games well. IDeally one with an Nvidia Geforce 7300 or so. Laptops are cheap over here in Belgium but they are all in French and I'd like to get one in English if possible.
    Ideal specs would have at least 1024mbRAM,Geforce 7300 video card.For around 900 euros or less if possible. I like high end games but thats about the only exerting thing my computer needs, I don't web design etc.

I tried a few sites like Dell but they're pretty expensive compared to over here so could anyon make any recommendations?

Comments

well i think you would have to pay well over a grand for those specs.
    i have a fujitsu siemens and it is quite good, plays most games and isnt too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

Playing high end games is one of the most testing things you can do with a computer. Unfortunatly, high end games tend to mean high end graphics cards which tend to mean high end money... If you really have your heart set on it though the best advice i could give would be to go with dells financing programme. Get a good powerful laptop that you can pay off over the next year or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Odd, no over here their not too much of a problem but I'd really rather get it in english

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

What do you mean by get it in english? You can change the language after you have bought it.

Do you mean physically localized elements, like an Irish/English power adaptor?

Do French-localised laptops sold in Belgium have that AWERTY keyboard think too?

If you want to play games, but aren't willing to spend more than 900, well you are out of luck. Just buy a €900 laptop and be prepared to mess with graphics settings. Just get something with ATI/Nvidia 3D chips in it. Thats about all you can do.

Advertisement