Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOD gets Player of Tournament

Options
  • 12-04-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/6549021.stm

I think that's fair enough. I guess some might call for D'arcy, but if you look at how we performed with Brian versus without him, it says a lot.
    Certainly the best player in the Northern hemisphere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

HHHhhhhmmmmm.......

Must be cos it was a BBC pole and few French voted?? Surley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

He looks like a jolly drunk in the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭siochain

would have been D'arcy for me. Even when BOD wasn't playing he did well with 2/3 man marking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I second the vote for Parisse Dave. I don't think BO'D was exceptional to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

For me:

Outstanding backrowers: Parisse and Wallace.

Outstanding backs: D'Arcy and Mignoni.

Skrela had a very good tournament too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

I wouldnt have give it to BOD either. He did alright, but hardly player of the tournament. Darcy was the standout Irish player of the tournament I feel, with Wallace also worth a mention.

Good to see people acknowledging Parisses contribution to the tournament. I thought he was top class also. If he was playing for one of the leading 6N teams would he have gotten more recognition???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I wouldnt have give it to BOD either. He did alright, but hardly player of the tournament. Darcy was the standout Irish player of the tournament I feel, with Wallace also worth a mention.

Have to agree - D'Arcy's stats were very impressive; didn't he make the most line breaks and the most carries or something like that?
    Good to see people acknowledging Parisses contribution to the tournament. I thought he was top class also. If he was playing for one of the leading 6N teams would he have gotten more recognition???

He got lots of recognition as it was, the pundits never stopped talking about him. In fact, had he played for a leading team, he may not have stood out as much as he did playing for Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PeteJones

I guess the reason why BOD have won is because he is more consistent than most other players on attack, defence, creating opportunities and scoring tries year in and year out against most teams. Most players will be good for a few matches or for a season and then dissapear of the face of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

PeteJones wrote:
    I guess the reason why BOD have won is because he is more consistent than most other players on attack, defence, creating opportunities and scoring tries year in and year out against most teams. Most players will be good for a few matches or for a season and then dissapear of the face of the earth.

How many tries did he get this championship?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

BOD definately didn't deserve it. For Ireland, Wallace or D'Arcy (Wallace for me).

Overall, I know it's been said already, but Parisse was on form for the whole tournament and deserves recognition for it.

Advertisement