Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP laptop windows cant start how do i access recovery partition

Options
  • 12-04-2007 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

this is message i get when powering up first the HP screen and then this

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Windows cant start because above file is missing or corrupt, you can attempt to repair this file by startingwindows set up using original cd-rom set up disc

would be nice if i had the cd

anybody:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Are you sure there is a recovery partition? On my 2-year old HP Laptop, there isn't. I have to use the recovery CDs in situations like this.

How old is it, and what model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

ta for reply

no operating disc supplied so presumably recovery partition there is back up software installed on it

hp dv2000 bought in january

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jjohnson1984

When you power your machine on for the first time it offers to create restore CD's on my dv2104, which can be used. Also have a recovery partition, there should be instructions oin the HP Website as I read them before but don't have them to hand at work.

Advertisement