Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Wsop Qualifiers

Options
  • 12-04-2007 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭

Any tourney organizers planning to run ticket only events for the wsop, i would think there is demand out there to play a few of these so just wondering is there any planned. With the IO over and no cashes i have to look down the road of a sat entry:( again.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Any tourney organizers planning to run ticket only events for the wsop, i would think there is demand out there to play a few of these so just wondering is there any planned. With the IO over and no cashes i have to look down the road of a sat entry:( again.....

Get yourself a pokerstars account and get cracking on trying to qualify through them. Live sats to this tourney are pretty poor value imo, they rarely generate many tickets relative to entries. So many ways to sat into qualifiers on stas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

yeah i am playing both stars and tilt qualifiers but would be interested in playing one live as would many others i would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

yeah i am playing both stars and tilt qualifiers but would be interested in playing one live as would many others i would expect.

Definitely Fran, I'll put one together in Malahide (I would want to play myself though) if there's enough interest but I would much rather play one in the SE/Fitz/Jackpot.

I've just started on a mini mission to qualify on Stars and have come close before messing it up twice so far. Would definitely like to play a live sat.

carfax wrote:
    Definitely Fran, I'll put one together in Malahide (I would want to play myself though) if there's enough interest but I would much rather play one in the SE/Fitz/Jackpot.

I've just started on a mini mission to qualify on Stars and have come close before messing it up twice so far. Would definitely like to play a live sat.

i could think of 3/4 who would travel down from drogheda to play in this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

ok. if there is enough real interest, i will organise one

carfax can play, even though he is a bit good

i skanked one already on 888/pacific so i'm not interested in playing live, though i have come 2nd, twice now, on stars,,,,ooooh the pain

the 160 double table thingy is the easiest way, in my opinion
    win 2 tables and you get a package,

remember if you win on stars, they make you sign a contract, (they own you and your image forever, you get paid, but stilll) but then they nearly all do that

anyway, i will see what i can do and maybe get someone interested ina sponsorship, wear their garments etc, which i will check on while i'm out there

get on here and let me have your preferences for the satellite

say, 150 with 1 rebuy or top up

or 300 straight freezeout

we need to look at what package we would have for a prize, travelling, hotel, entry, booze, spending money, fast car, faster women, etc etc

let me have your thoughts and i will put something together

• Advertisement

I'm just about to start one of these $160 DS qualifiers on Stars......I'll be happy so long as I play well.

carfax wrote:
    I'm just about to start one of these $160 DS qualifiers on Stars......I'll be happy so long as I play well.

Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!........Playing for the last three hours in this, finished 4th in the end.......Great structure so I won't be playing in it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Watched the first table you were at while doing some work, nice to get paid on the pocket rockets you had twice lol,

unlucky in the end. The structure is so top heavy in these that it would just do my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

the 160 double table thingy is the easiest way, in my opinion
    win 2 tables and you get a package,

I think its a bit misleading to say this is the easiest way of qualifying. While it looks seductively simple (win two tables) it is actually quite hard. You must win all the chips on both tables. 1 prize. too top heavy IMO. I've come close in these too but wont play em again.

Trad sats are the way to go imo, as all you have to do is survive. There will always be some muppets with loads of chips who feel they still have to win all the chips and these guys run into each other and Boom Mr. Hasnt played a hand for an hour gets a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,240 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The $160 DS are ridicously difficult. They are full of some of the best online SNG pros in the world, and winning two SNGs at any level consecutively cannot be achieved alone by you just playing perfectly. You need the cards to go your way also. The $650 super sat is surely the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

The $160 DS are ridicously difficult. They are full of some of the best online SNG pros in the world, and winning two SNGs at any level consecutively cannot be achieved alone by you just playing perfectly. You need the cards to go your way also. The $650 super sat is surely the way to go.

Agreed Lloyd,

although I played six seater sngs almost exclusively over the past two years it is very hard to win them back to back as proved by betfairs "win five in a row and get a free ticket to the singapore leg of the asian poker tour".
    Skill often gets you heads up but when both chip leaders are shortstacked its absolute luckbox city, that said the $160 dobule shootout seemed to have a great structure and in the first leg the chip leader was always in a very playable position....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Luke in the Fitz was talking about WSOP games they have comig up, they've hooked up with Ladbrokes and have 5 of their packages (the best ones out there imo) to give away.

Entry to ME, 2 weeks accom in the Rio, €2000 cash, and entry to one of the $1,500 side events, package has a value of about $17k. Was speaking to Luke last night and he's going to let them go in super sats for value of $13k

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I really hate playing sats where there is only one ticket though to be honest. The $650 ones are prob the best in terms of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Hammertime wrote:
    Luke in the Fitz was talking about WSOP games they have comig up, they've hooked up with Ladbrokes and have 5 of their packages (the best ones out there imo) to give away.

Entry to ME, 2 weeks accom in the Rio, €2000 cash, and entry to one of the $1,500 side events, package has a value of about $17k. Was speaking to Luke last night and he's going to let them go in super sats for value of $13k
    this is c€10K, i think it should be a €400 FO with loads of tickets given out in tournaments =>50 runners will get 2 tix up for grabs....

5starpool wrote:
    I really hate playing sats where there is only one ticket though to be honest. .

Hammertime wrote:

This sounds brilliant......

shoutman wrote:
    Watched the first table you were at while doing some work, nice to get paid on the pocket rockets you had twice lol,

unlucky in the end. The structure is so top heavy in these that it would just do my head in.

Yeah the guy was a bit unlucky as he had hands both times when I had the aces.

The second table was just completely different for me.......Didn't play too well at all at all......I'll get there though (hopefully).....

I only realised afterwards that you actually get your $160 back for finishing inside the top 8 so might try one of these again, I would actually prefer it if there was $12,000 to the winner and nothing for anyone else, but I'm not complaining.....Roll on the Fitz qualifiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Hammertime wrote:

Jaysus this is an absolutely great package....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

some mixed opinions here

the 160 game double shootout aint that bad, the top prze is heaavy but then the next 8 get a refund, to try again

try 888/pacific game for $125, there is always an overlay, maybe only 130 or so players

the 650 game on stars usually has many packages up for grabs and aint that hard either, i mean, if i can win these, anyone can

you could always just save up and pay !!!

save say,,,oh about 100, then just double thru a few times and you're there, easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

yea he mentioned them last night they sound really great lookin forward to playin them the packages he has are valued at $16,500 he basically has to give ladbrokes $13,500 for them!! think the tourney is going to be 215 + 200 rebuy or top up!!!

• Advertisement

there is a $1000 sat on ft on thursdays and same on stars on a fri, if you can win an entry into these on the cheap you have a 1 in 12 chance of nailing a ticket.

I won a ticket last year on laddies but could not play due to work commitments, have freed up june and july of this year tho:D really want to get over there has i have not played in it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pastrans

i have five people defo to play any sat for a ticket for wsop mr clamper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

Anyone here about the Steps formation on PartyPoker.com, quality setup

Anyone here about the Steps formation on PartyPoker.com, quality setup
    yeah its bad value though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

yeah its bad value though.

how ??? if you play them right u could go far !!! plus you can play like 1 a day if you want, they dont all have to be played one after the other.....

how ??? if you play them right u could go far !!! plus you can play like 1 a day if you want, they dont all have to be played one after the other.....
    someone did a calculation on them before - they are bad value from a % POV, not from a qualification POV. you would be better playing a SNG and moving up levels as you win.

Advertisement