Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Hospital A&E, is it bad??

Options
  • 12-04-2007 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭

Probably have to head into A&E soon with a suspected broken bone or possibly a dislocation (not mine!)

So was wondering if anyone has had experience of the place... is it as bad as the nightmare stories you hear from the bigger hospitals? Is there a good time to go? :rolleyes:

Any info appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

A friend of mine was had to go after hurting his ankle duiring a match in the JJB complex. He was in and out in about 2 hours. He seemed happy enough with the amount of time he had to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I recently waited 5 hours on a Saturday evening after slicing off half my finger, but it's no worse in the Louth than any other hospital. Indeed, the Lourdes is much worse.

BTW: Not exactly A&E material if you're able to plan if you'll go or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks for the replies!

Got there for 12.30, himself got seen quickly enough, X-rayed and sent off with a pain killing injection, a prescription and an appointment for the Lourdes. Out of there at around 2.00.

Not bad at all!

Though some people in less pain were bypassed and were waiting for ages I think.

But 10 out of 10 for Dundalk A&E!

Advertisement