Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Inspiron 1300 to non VGA input TV

Options
  • 11-04-2007 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Howdy,

I Kknow someone out there will know this. I'd like to be able to connect my Inspiron 1300 to the tv but my tv doesn't have a VGA input - its not hugely important but could be handy for watching the odd movie etc. I saw cables like this Linkwhich allow me to use the VGA output and then a RCA input to the TV which in theory works for me but will the laptop actually output a signal correctly to display on the tv?

I was going to give it a shot but the ad clearly says that it will only work for a display card with a tv out function which my Intel 915GMA doesn't specifically have. I might be wasting my time with this but maybe someone can tell me if its possible to output it to a tv that doesn't have a VGA input at all.

Cheers.

Advertisement