Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition our management company

Options
  • 11-04-2007 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi

Just been stung with a E450 clamping bill in my own apt block which has motivated me to go to all the trouble of aksing you fine people a question-

i'd like to petition my apartment complex's management company to provide various things notably parking space and recycling facilities. i figure there must be a forum somewhere where this could be done (well all my other ideas have been done) i could then leave notes around the place directing people.

ideally i could have www.whatever.com/my-apartment-block's-name

anyone know of such a service? - couldn't find anything on google.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

pen, paper, letter to your fellow neighbours, list of signatures, envelope, post, apartment management...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

maybe try neighbours.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

neighbours.ie sounds what you are looking for, if they don'y have your complex i'm sure they will add it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pokerpaddy

Moonbeam wrote:
    maybe try neighbours.ie

fanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

pokerpaddy wrote:
    Just been stung with a E450 clamping bill in my own apt block which has motivated me to go to all the trouble of aksing you fine people a question

Were you in the wrong?

Best advice would be to get like minded people to attend the Management Co's AGM and become committee members or even directors.

I'm not suggesting that you've done it, but I've seen situations where residents have spent 4-5 nights collecting signatures to get a change... when that change can only be enacted once the AGM convenes (if at all) - which will only take up one night.

AFAIK you should be recycling by law. Ring your managing agent and ask him/her to look into it - it should reduce your management fees and helps the environment etc. If he/she insists that recycling is not an option - then pull up some legislation from 1993 or thereabouts (open to correction).

• Advertisement
Advertisement