Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1500 Guaranteed 1st prize. Charity event in Mac William Park Hotel,Claremorris

• 11-04-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.) Four of a kind Poker

2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.) charity event for Mayo Guards route 66 challenge in association with UNICEF IRELAND. All funds raised will help children orphaned by AIDS in Mozambique.

3. Date and Location of event: Sat 14th April, Mac William Park Hotel, Claremorris, Co.Mayo.

4. Registration and Start time of event. Reg from 7pm, Game @ 8pm Sharp

5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc) No

6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) At door

7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.) No Limit Texas Hold'em Re-buy

8. Cost of entry €35

9. Cost of registration: €0

10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund: See below

11. Any guarenteed prize pool. Yes

12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. €10 rebuys for 90 mins.

13. Starting Chips: 3k

14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. 3k rebuys....top up €10 for 5k, €20 for 10k or €30 for 15k in chips!!

15. Blind levels: 25/50,50/100,75/150........

16. Blind timeframes: 30 mins for the first 3 levels...then top up is done, followed by freezeout which has 20 min blinds until finish.

17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc): €1500 1st prize guaranteed. Other places paid depending on number of players in the field.

18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill: Dealer on Final Table

19. Will there be a documented list of rules: Yes

20. Is there a tournament director: Yes

We are running this event as a gesture to the Mayo Garda Siochana section of the Route 66 challenge. We are not taking a penny for running this event so please all come and support this event.

€1/€2 no limit cash games will be available throughout the evening/night with chips and dealers.

Contact 0862688699 or visit www.fourofakindpokerevents.com for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Why dont you post the full Blind Structure???

According to your website the structure for a Rebuy tourney is:
    25/50
    50/100
    75/150
    100/200
    200/400
    300/600
    400/800
    500/1000
    1000/2000
    2000/4000
    3000/6000

5 minute break before final table

4000/8000
    5000/10000
    10000/20000
    15000/30000

So there is no 700/1500, 1500/3000, or 7000/15000????

I realise it's a charity event and i will probably play it but why not a friendlier structure???

Also you have given absolutely no indication of the % payout.

Also, what is the rake for the cash tables??
    Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Rockfish wrote:
    Why dont you post the full Blind Structure???

According to your website the structure for a Rebuy tourney is:

So there is no 700/1500, 1500/3000, or 7000/15000????

I realise it's a charity event and i will probably play it but why not a friendlier structure???

Also you have given absolutely no indication of the % payout.

Also, what is the rake for the cash tables??
    Thank You.

Rockfish....first off we are running this event on behalf of the Mayo Guards outfit...they told us to advertise a guaranteed €1500 first prize. They gave us no other info regarding prize pool. All we know is that it won't be a rip off job like CPT(which im sure your familiar with).

The structure is too friendly IMO. The top up amounts are 5k, 10k, or 15k for €10,€20 or €30. So when the freezeout out begins you will have a min of 15k with the blinds at 100/200. We were told to be able to cater for 100+ runners...which I can't see happening, but can you imagine how many chips will be in play if there's a 100 man rebuy?...too many to justify a 700/1500 level. As with other charity events/fundraisers we've successfully run, if we feel that the tourney is running too fast/slow we will adjust the structure accordingly...thats all we can do, and we won't know that untill the day.
    Personally we couldn't give a continential what time the event finishes at...but we have to think about those that do.

Im sure you've played in rebuy events before and were ripped off? Well I can assure you that we do not and have not ever done that in any tourney we've run in the past. Our aim starting out was to do the exact opposite of what CPT do in their events, by providing decent structured, value for money freezeouts etc... but still we get abuse from people who have no idea what their talking about(im not on about you).

This tourney is NOT one of out tour events so we have to go by the guidelines we've been given.

If you'd like to talk more about this i'll be happy to do so. 0862688699

Fair play to you. That's a very detailed reply and i was in no way being critical as i have heard good reports of your events. I just like to know what kind of game im going to be playing in. One thing confuses me though and it's this...
    The top up amounts are 5k, 10k, or 15k for €10,€20 or €30

How does this work? Can you choose which rebuy to take??:confused:

AS i'll probably be knocked out early:( Id be interested to know what the rake for the cash tables is??

Anyway the very best of luck with it and hope you get big numbers.

Rockfish wrote:
    Fair play to you. That's a very detailed reply and i was in no way being critical as i have heard good reports of your events. I just like to know what kind of game im going to be playing in. One thing confuses me though and it's this...

How does this work? Can you choose which rebuy to take??:confused:

AS i'll probably be knocked out early:( Id be interested to know what the rake for the cash tables is??

Anyway the very best of luck with it and hope you get big numbers.

Yeah when the rebuy finishes...you can choose to take the 5k,10k or 15k top up in chips option...or take none at all...which ever fits your pocket ;)

The rake we work with on the cash table is:

pot rake

€1-€10 €0
    €11-€20 €1
    €21-€50 €2
    €51-€100 €3
    €101-€150 €5
    €151-€249 €7
    €250+ €10

We consulted a few cash game big shots(self proclaimed by the way :D ) on the subject of what rake to take...and this is what we came up with. It caps the amount of rake we take per pot....i.e €10

As I said we will adjust the tourney as we see fit. We're all staying the the Mac William Hotel for the night so if it goes on all night then so be it :eek:

Regards.
    Carlo

we would like to thank Claremorris man, Danny McHugh who turned up on the night and gave a donation to the UNICEF fundraiser.

www.fourofakindpokerevents.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Well done lads, very good tourney and well run. Didnt do anything in the main event but won a few bob on the cash tables and was a vaery good night all round. One gripe however was the lack of any grub at the break and considering ye offered your services for free it was very bad form that the hotel couldnt provide even a few sandwiches especially as it was a charity event.

I agree with coillte_bhoy, the lack of refreshments was a disgrace and plyers couldnt even buy a sandwich if they so wished. On the tournament itself i was very surprised at the confusion that seemed to occurr any time players were being moved or tables broken up. My table was broken up at one stage and we were just moved to the nearest seats available regardless of position etc and there was no random draw done. Also if one plyer was moved to a new table he was put into any seat that the organiser felt like, and not necessarily placed nearest the big blind.

Rockfish wrote:
    I agree with coillte_bhoy, the lack of refreshments was a disgrace and plyers couldnt even buy a sandwich if they so wished. On the tournament itself i was very surprised at the confusion that seemed to occurr any time players were being moved or tables broken up. My table was broken up at one stage and we were just moved to the nearest seats available regardless of position etc and there was no random draw done. Also if one plyer was moved to a new table he was put into any seat that the organiser felt like, and not necessarily placed nearest the big blind.

We do apologise for that...it was our own fault for not breaking up the tables in an ordely way on the night. We were also suprised at the amount of players who would not cooperate in the slightest way with rulings regarding mucked hands etc....rules that we've implemented that are coherent with the irish poker standards. Simple rules which we could not make any simpler. We tried to run it to the best of our ability and as always...there's one or two aspects of the tournament that can be improved(which we will do pronto).

Regarding refreshements...it was a joke. Nothing else to say really about that. We were told that all we had to do was run the show. We assumed that as the hotel were giving the room free of charge that they would have thrown out a few sambo's at the break. Obviously if we'd known that in time we could have taking a few quid out of the pot and got them to make some refreshments.

We appreciate the critism though as its in our best interests to run a good show. We don't like rebuy events ourselves as they tend to get mucky and silly. We've never seen a final table finish in 45mins.....blinds at 3k/6k at the end and over a million chips in play :D
    Our main event is the €100 freezeout and we provide a good slow structured blind timeframe for that.