Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Tracks

• 11-04-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Hi lads great idea for a Forum
    check out the myspace below any feedback would be great.

www.myspace.com/boypolarswhitehotroom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

Like the second two. Typical singer-songwriter type stuff, which is not flavour of the month with me any more. All in all you have talent, not sure if the songs are catchy enough though, I'd need to listen to the full songs... you have a weird kinda voice kinda sounds like the guy from the cure a bit, which for some people is a good thing.

The quality of the recordings are a bit dodgy though :(

You should put the full songs up on myspace..

my 2 cents..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Still getting the hang of recording with the equiptment i have but il get there.Cheers for the feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

I think the second two are good. Out of curiosity are you recording the main rhythm guitar at the same time as the Vocals?

Yes i am !Recording live at the moment with ONE mic with a vocal effect on the 2nd song, used two mics on the third track.Dont worry i know its not ideal but saving for a house and buying more equipment are conflicting big time.Plus iv just switched to abelton and im still figuring out how to use it.Should have new tracks up after the weekend so you can track the improvement.Cheers again for the feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

I can identify big time with the whole House VS. Equipment dilema at the moment!!!

Yeah its just something I noticed when listening. The guitar+vocals kind of sound slightly uncomfortable as you are trying to concentrate on both. You'd probably get better results recording the guitar as one track and then singing over it (using headphones of course!!!) and mixing it all with Abelton, along with any overdubs you may like to add.

I'd get used to just getting the guitar and vocals mixed together and sounding decent b4 getting lost in all the bells and whistles of Ableton. Are you recording straight into soundcard?

Will have a listen to the new tracks at the weekend...

• Advertisement

Im using a Toneport as my sound card.Ya its a pain trying to watch the moniter play guitar and vocals at the same time PLUS at the time of recording i was only using ableton 4 lite ( a demo basicly that limits you to 4 slots) but now have full version of 6.so HOPEFULLY things will start improving.Cheers again

New Track 'boyfocals'' up now.

Advertisement