Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get outta Town?!

Options
  • 11-04-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

Hello!

Have to go from ucd to earlsfort terrace and back tomorrow. Just about know how to get there. Wondering about the route back. Is ET one way? Can ya just go back towards the green and turn down Leeson street or go onto the green and around and down dawson street and onto nassau and out that way? Essentially....quickest way from Earlsfort terrace to ucd/donnybrook please....

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

From memory, you'd probably be best going straight up Adelaide road, through the Baggot St. Junction, down Fitzwilliam St, take the right turn at the junction of (upper?) Mount St , straight up Mount St. and take the first left as you come to the canal, then right at the junction for Northumberland Road, up Northumberland road to the junction for Herbert Ave (St.Vincents), up Herbert Ave passing RTE on your right, then turn left onto the junction for the Stillorgan Dual carriageway and you're home free.

But don't blame me if it all goes horribly wrong...I'm a Northsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

elmyra wrote:
    Hello!

Have to go from ucd to earlsfort terrace and back tomorrow. Just about know how to get there. Wondering about the route back. Is ET one way? Can ya just go back towards the green and turn down Leeson street or go onto the green and around and down dawson street and onto nassau and out that way? Essentially....quickest way from Earlsfort terrace to ucd/donnybrook please....

Thanks!

Easy trip, Elmyra.... ET is indeed one way for traffic though there is a Contra Flow for buses on the NCH side of the road; don't take the left at the wrath of the local traffic bikes which are very common round there.

When you leave Earlsfort Terrace (I assume your going to and from the NCH campus?), you take a right and follow the road up to the top, you then take a left (Presbyterian church is the landmark) and this is Adelaide Road; follow it up to the main Traffic Lights; take this right and it has you on Leeson Street Bridge and it's straight all the way home. Getting in, you follow the main Donnybrook Road in and turn left onto ET at the end of Leeson Street as you hit the Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Or get either a 10, 11 or 46A bus to Leeson Street and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Thanks all, that sounds doable!

I'm going to the UCD Earlsfort Terrace campus, but same side of the road as NCH so that's cool!

I would take a bus but have to bring rather a large pile of stuff. Fingers crossed for parking! :)

Advertisement