Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 11 to Sandyford

Options
  • 11-04-2007 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how long the 11 would take to get from DCU to Sandyford Industrial Estate in the morning? If I needed to be here between 8.30 and 9, what time would I need to leave at?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

A good 90mins in peak traffic probably.

Bus / Luas it would be quicker surely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

A looooooooong time!
    Not all the 11s actually go to Sandyford and it's a pretty long way from DCU. You might be better off getting the bus to Trinity and taking the Luas out. At least it's regular and you're not screwed if you miss one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

A looooooooong time!
    Not all the 11s actually go to Sandyford and it's a pretty long way from DCU. You might be better off getting the bus to Trinity and taking the Luas out. At least it's regular and you're not screwed if you miss one.

That's what I thought :( I'm currently getting the 27B into town, legging it across the city centre, dodging all the free paper/rag pushers and getting the Luas. The whole thing takes about 90 minutes so even if the bus was about the same, at least I could get on and sleep without having to change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

markpb wrote:
    That's what I thought :( I'm currently getting the 27B into town, legging it across the city centre, dodging all the free paper/rag pushers and getting the Luas. The whole thing takes about 90 minutes so even if the bus was about the same, at least I could get on and sleep without having to change :)
    Hah, I know what that's like. When attending DCU I did something similar, coming from way far south and then rushing across the river to get at all the DCU buses for a 9am start! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Careful with the snoozing though because that bus does a loop through the estate and heads back into town....wouldn't want to end up back where you started...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Only a few 11 buses go to sandyford in the morning. It normally only goes to Kilmacud/Stillorgan. You'd probably end up having to walk from Kilmacud to Sandyford if you ever get the wrong 11. Your definitely much quicker and it's more reliable getting the bus to town and luas from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Markpb.
    The 0710,0725,0735,0800,0825 11 Departures ex Wadelai ALL operate via Sandyford.
    I would suggest the 0725 would suit your timeframe.
    You could always take flight at Ranelagh and Luas it if the Traffic was a problem.
    All of the scheduled morning via Sandyford departures operate and there is usually a few regulars headin for the estate.
    However the evening return journeys can be badly disrupted by traffic,but luckily very few of the outbound bus travellers tend to return by the same mode.
    The 11 is a route where the Bus/Luas ticket tends to come into its own !!! :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

AlekSmart wrote:
    Markpb.
    The 0710,0725,0735,0800,0825 11 Departures ex Wadelai ALL operate via Sandyford.
    I would suggest the 0725 would suit your timeframe.
    You could always take flight at Ranelagh and Luas it if the Traffic was a problem.
    All of the scheduled morning via Sandyford departures operate and there is usually a few regulars headin for the estate.
    However the evening return journeys can be badly disrupted by traffic,but luckily very few of the outbound bus travellers tend to return by the same mode.
    The 11 is a route where the Bus/Luas ticket tends to come into its own !!! :)

And this man should know...given he'll probably be driving you!

As Alek says all route 11 departures from Wadelai until 0825 go via Sandyford - there are also departures at 0645 and 0655 if you want to get there very early!!! It is the 11B departures that do not serve Sandyford as they terminate at UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

Cheers for the help, I'll definitely give it a go some morning and see how I get on. I tried bike + luas this morning and got here in 80 minutes which is probably as quick as I'll get but I'd like to try other ways.

Billy, I might see you on an 11 some morning. I'll be the tired looking guy going all the way south :)

Advertisement