Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ati Mobility Radeon x1400 driver update Help

Options
  • 11-04-2007 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

My laptop has a x1400 card and is running windows media center edition. I was wondering if any one knew about updating the graphics drivers on this kind of setup.

Its just that on the ati website it has updates for the x1400 under the XP section but not under the media center section, does this mean that there is none or is it just that they are the same for both systems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

They should be the same.

What is the core operating system? Is it Windows Vista Media Center Edition, or Windows XP Media Center edition.

If it is the latter, you should be fine with the XP drivers, since in reality it is XP with just the MCE bits added on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Otna

Yeah its XP media center, Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

What's Vista Media Centre Edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,156 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I found recently that I couldn't update the ati drivers for my dell laptop, with the one ones on ati's site and the ones on the dell site were quite old.

3rd party drivers from omega http://www.omegadrivers.net/ worked fine though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah usually laptops are tied to their manufacturer for drivers (which rarely update them at all) hence you need 3rd party ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement