Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good/bad areas of Clondalkin

Options
  • 11-04-2007 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

OK I'm getting ready to jump onto the property ladder. I'm looking around Newbridge/Celbridge or Clondalkin. Newbridge and Celbridge I have a good idea of where to avoid but with Clondalkin I don't have a clue.

Can anyone let me know what areas in Clondalkin I should be looking to buy and what areas I should be saying bye bye to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

One of the pieces of advice that has been knocked about over the last few years has been to check the place out at 8-12pm on a Friday or Saturday night.

Balance location with commuting. Note the train stations at Clondalkin and Cherry Orchard are being relocated. The rail line is only likely to be DARTified to Hazelhatch in the next 10 years.

Consider Adamstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah Victor I will be doing that. Found some details on Daft and Askaboutmoneys forums as well. The house that caught my eye is in one of the roughest estates in Clondalkin typical !!!!!

Was hoping that I would get some of boardsies opinions/inputs on the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

There are a few decent parts in Clondalkin. But as a rule of Thumb - The Closer it is to Newlands Cross the better it is!

St. Johns is good, reasonably priced I think. Cheerywood is ok. Some young famlies there and young teenagers hanging around.

Avoid Neilstown and there was another estate accross the Nangor road from Cherrywood that was a bit dodgy as wee. There is also a halting site near the new road by Grange Castle. But Clondalkins main problem is Traffic. The Village itself is plagued by a one way road system that circles it.

Good luck in choosing somewhere there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

gandalf wrote:
    Can anyone let me know what areas in Clondalkin I should be looking to buy and what areas I should be saying bye bye to?

I might get a kick in the teeth for saying this but...

Anything north of the tracks is not good, and try stay south of the Nanger/New nanger road, exceptions being Cappaghmore and the immediate area.

Bad time to buy a house IMHO, especially Clondalkin.

Advertisement