Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

angels?

Options
  • 10-04-2007 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

just a quick question about angels...I've been reading up on them and its easy to get drawn into believing the literature....Is there a large followin of people who believe in them?

And also if there are maybe someone could answer me something....the book said everyone has an angel and you should know they're name....i know this is to do with meditation but i don't know how to get that far...any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What book ?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

its called angel inspiration by Diane something,...i don't have it on me right now but i'l edit this later with her full name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

hi

maybe the book was talking about guardian angels/spirit guides? Everyone has one, sometimes more than one. I most defintely believe in them. My angel appeared to me one time - he introduced himself and then disappeared - i have felt his presence many times and he saved me from falling into a canal.
    But I am not a blind believer - I have just had lots of proof that they are there.

Meditation does help - there's a special meditation that you can do specifically for meeting this angel - although you may not physically meet - you may hear something or feel something, sometimes it's a gut feeling.
    I practise reiki and find this a good way to connect to other planes of existence.

I also did a spiritual develoment course and the lady teaching the course said if you want proof that there are angels, just ask your angel and the next day or so they will show you proof. Everytime I did this, the next day I came across a white feather - every single time.

Yes there are a large following but I dont think people announce it to the world that they are angel believers. It's not a cult or anything.

Good luck with finding your angel

PS prob Diane Cooper, I think

yes thats right its Diane Cooper, her writing is very simple and understandable and not heavy handed at all. I've done that bit where you ask your angel to show themselves to you but no feathers !!!

I've done that bit where you ask your angel to show themselves to you but no feathers !!!

I was also told by the spiritual dev. teacher that angels will only make themselves known to you if they feel that you are ready to experience them. They only want whats best for you and they dont want to scare you.

But if this is not the case, keep up with the meditation. Maybe do a course like the one I did. The more you develop yourself in this area the more things will happen.
    When I started with this spiritual path, little things would happen, like when I had my first reiki treatment I experienced a lovely floaty sensation - you know, nothing major. But the more experiecned I became the more things started happening - like feeling things or experiencing the same things but more intensely.
    If you have any more questions, just ask :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

angels, angels wonderful angels! i am an absolute believer having seen , felt and experienced the help, comfort and compassionate guidance of angels on so many occaisions! my grandfather, a strict catholic, had what my grandmother described as 'a powerful devotion to the angels' it was common amongst thier very catholic circle to have 'a devotion' to one saint or another, and my grandfather was held in quite high regard for his Devotion to the angels. Every religion, almost and every country and tribe has been aware of angels, beautiful, helpful holy beings of light. in different places they are known by different names. there are always ngels, and long may it continue! xx

My Aunt passed away from a really short but aggressive illness since i first posted this, and I've only found out that she was intereseted in angels recently. Apparantly she found little white feathers everywhere when she was at her worst.

We were very close and when she passed i kept finding blonde curly hairs on my clothes...one i bought after she passed. She had very blonde curly hair unlike anyone else in my family. We're all brunette. Probably very rationale explanation and maybe i'm just a bit vulnerable and open to any sign she's with me but i immediatly thought they were signs she was physically close at the time!

My Aunt passed away from a really short but aggressive illness since i first posted this, and I've only found out that she was intereseted in angels recently. Apparantly she found little white feathers everywhere when she was at her worst.

We were very close and when she passed i kept finding blonde curly hairs on my clothes...one i bought after she passed. She had very blonde curly hair unlike anyone else in my family. We're all brunette. Probably very rationale explanation and maybe i'm just a bit vulnerable and open to any sign she's with me but i immediatly thought they were signs she was physically close at the time!

I'm very sorry to hear about your recent loss, but since your Aunt was so interested and had an affinity wth the angels, I wouldnt be surprised if she is an angel herself now, looking after you.

Advertisement