Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hank Aaron on Bonds Coming Near

Options
  • 10-04-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

He says a lot without saying much!! As for Bonds asking why Aaron has contacted him...what a muppet.

ATLANTA (AP) -- Hank Aaron doesn't plan to be at the ballpark if and when Barry Bonds breaks his home run record.

"Uh-uh. No, no. I'm not going to be around," Aaron was quoted as saying in Tuesday's editions of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Bonds has 735 homers, 20 short of Aaron's career record. While Aaron has declined most interview requests in recent months, he spoke with Journal-Constitution columnist Terence Moore.

Aaron said he wouldn't attend if Bonds were within reach of the record when the San Francisco Giants play at Atlanta from Aug. 14-16.

"I'd probably fly to West Palm Beach to play golf," Aaron was quoted as saying in Moore's column. "Again, it has nothing to do with anybody, other than I had enough of it. I don't want to be around that sort of thing anymore. I just want to be at peace with myself. I don't want to answer questions. It's going to be a no-win situation for me anyway. If I go, people are going to say, `Well, he went because of this.' If I don't go, they'll say whatever. I'll just let them make their own mind up."

Aaron, who did not return a call from The Associated Press, said baseball commissioner Bud Selig has told him that Bonds has asked several times why Aaron hasn't contacted him as he approaches the record.

"I don't talk to anybody, really, and I've never talked to Barry, outside of that commercial we did together a few years ago, and a few other short times," Aaron was quoted as saying. "I'm 72 years old, and I'm not hopping on a plane and flying all the way to San Francisco for anybody."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

I think he acted quite restrained
    If that was me, I would be allot angrier
    that a record I set was about to be broken
    by a cheat (which, let's face it, Bonds appears to be)

Its absolutely amazing that MLB are trying to keep the reality of it all under the carpet, even Bonds has admitted he took something, saying he didn't know it was banned, I mean, come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Bonds hit run 756 last night:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Oh well, It'll be A-Rods in 2015 or so. I don't like him any more than Bonds but at least he's not a juicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

zuutroy wrote:
    Oh well, It'll be A-Rods in 2015 or so. I don't like him any more than Bonds but at least he's not a juicer.

how can we know, I have no faith in anything that MLB players do anymore.

Advertisement