Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] 3 bed semi-d with attic conversion

Options
  • 10-04-2007 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a 3-bed semi d with the attic converted and am thinking of putting it up for sale. We removed the box room due to its small size and put a wide stairs up the gable end to a landing and room enterance. I have heard that their might be a problem describing our house as a 3 bed semi now , and that with modern building regs. some engineers might have problems signing off on this.(even though it was converted prior to these reg changes.)
    Anybody got views on this?

Thanks.W.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you removed the box-room it isn't a 3 bed any more.
    Why would you describe it as one. its a large two bed i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to accommodation & property as essentially the thread is about selling the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Its a two bed, but you can ask for more than a usual 2 bed. Anyone asks about the price, mention the attic room.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If there are three bedrooms with beds then it is a three-bed semi D. There is no legal term described as a three-bed semi D.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

to be described as a habital room (and therefore as a 'legal' room) the attic room must have the full height for move than 60% (i think, but at least this amount) of the area. That is if the height in the center of the room is 7 foot for arguement sake, the height in one 1/4 from the edge must be 7 foot also. Along with this you must have a second exit in case of a fire, usually a Velux type window which is no more than 1.5m from the bottom of the roof line.

The sizes above are approximate but quite close and you will get the idea i guess..

More detailed info from http://www.environ.ie/DOEI/DOEIPol.nsf/wvNavView/wwdConstruction?OpenDocument&Lang=en

• Advertisement
Advertisement