Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas v Taxi

Options
  • 10-04-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭

So this guy, enters a bus-only area, runs a red light, enters not one, but two yellow box junctions and then tries to take on a tram.

Of note, he has as custom reg plate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Don't you know that taxi's own the road?:D

It seems to me that every time there is an accident it's always reported as the Luas has hit another vehicle. Almost sounds like the Luas driver is always at fault.

It doesn't happen often though, all credit to the drivers. They put up with muppets who break red lights and block junctions and kamakaize lemmings of pedestrians paying more attention to their ipods than the area around them.

Has a pedestrian ever been knocked down and injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I say let eejits like him take on the tram. Let him pay for damage to the tram, compensate the operator for the disruption, lie in hospital for a few days to reflect on his stupidity, and come out to find his source of income on the scrapheap.

That might change his ways ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yep. in other european cities they take a much more hardline attitude towards idiots who damage infrastructure like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Red Alert wrote:
    yep. in other european cities they take a much more hardline attitude towards idiots who damage infrastructure like that.

But this is Ireland, the rules are there for EVERYONE ELSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

How can a luas possibly hit something? Its on rails!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tba wrote:
    How can a luas possibly hit something? Its on rails!
    If you stand in front of it (suddenly), it will hit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It looks like his reverse lights are on in that photo. I take it he drove into the junction then reversed back out once he saw the tram coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yes, he reversed, but only when the tram honked at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Victor wrote:
    Of note, he has as custom reg plate.
    Please report the incident to TrafficWatch 1890-205-805. A good talking to by a Garda might make the driver change his/her behaviour.
    The next time the driver is reported to the Gardai, the Gardai will take a tougher approach.

One time I reported someone for running a red light at a pedestrian crossing that I was standing at. They wrote an apologetic letter to me, delivered via the Garda that spoke to the driver. I am hopeful that that driver will be more aware of the colour red now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I'd love to be able to do that, but Im always afraid the person will take exception and throw a brick through my house window some night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I'd love to be able to do that, but Im always afraid the person will take exception and throw a brick through my house window some night.

I'm presuming since the letter was delivered by a Garda, they don't have daymobrew's name or address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭daymobrew

markpb wrote:
    I'm presuming since the letter was delivered by a Garda, they don't have daymobrew's name or address.
    Correct. There is nothing to fear. The Gardai have my contact details, not the person I report. It's only if it goes to court would they get to know your face (but still not your address).

Chris_533976 - So, with that concern eliminated, get calling. 1890-205-805.
    Have as much info as possible - car reg, car description, location, date/time. If you are asked to come into the station to make a statement, it doesn't mean it will go to court. It does mean that the reported driver will then be called in to make a statement. That should be a nice inconvenience for them, and will show them that you (the reporter) are serious. Hopefully it will make them take care in the future.
    You never know, you too might get a letter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

Don't you know that taxi's own the road?

Is it me or are taxi drivers the most aggressive drivers on Dublin roads? As a pedestrian, I always take extra care when taxi drivers are about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Skyhater

Enigma365 wrote:
    Is it me or are taxi drivers the most aggressive drivers on Dublin roads? As a pedestrian, I always take extra care when taxi drivers are about.

Na... Taxi Drivers are 2nd.
    BMW drivers are the most aggressive drivers on Dublin roads :)

Now.... If you see a BMW Taxi.... Run, Run very Fast!!! :D

(Sorry to all kind, respectful, and timid BMW drivers)

Advertisement