Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescriptive right of way - advice needed

Options
  • 10-04-2007 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

advice needed

Can anyone in the legal construction or architecture fields please advise me on a prescriptive or agriculture right of way. Story goes that I have planning on a site that is landlocked by a narrow strip(20ft) of neighbours land. Farmer and father I bought site from has owned and used this site for agricultural purposes since 1930. He has used this entrance over the neighbours land. Imagine a circle, I own inside it but neighbour only owns outside rim. I now have full planning permission for my home. Neighbour has no other land near. This strip is just trees.

Question is legally do I now have a right of way for building and residential purposes? Does anyone know? Solicitor doesn`t seem to know either.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement