Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Grub in carlingford

Options
  • 10-04-2007 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend anywhere to get decent pubgrub in Carlingford?
    Looking for something in the evening on a Saturday for about 10.

Anyone know if any of the pubs do food late-ish
    Will we get a place just walking in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

In my experience it's well worth completely AVOIDING the Carlingford Arms. The last time I was there, the food took an hour to get to us (and the place was practically empty) and when it did get to us it tasted like cardboard. We ended up giving it back.

There's a restaurant down by the Tholsel - can't remember the name of it... very good grub.

On your way to Carlingford though (at Rockmarshall in Jenkinstown) is the world famous Fitzpatricks Restaurant - for a party of 10, I'd HIGHLY recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Fitzpatrick's comes highly recommended from my house. I haven't been in there in a few years myself. Bit far from the village though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Thanks for the feedback, was in Fitzpatrick's once nice place but a bit far out for us. Will check out the place on Tholsel st thanks

The one near the Tholsel that I'm thinking of is Magees Bistro. Not pub grub per se ... but very nice food all the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Thanks, do you think we need to book?

• Advertisement

Hard to know - it's probably not overly busy at this time of year but for a Saturday, booking wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

http://www.mageesbistro.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

I would also recommend Magees Bistro. i would also book if going on a Saturday night - it might be busy. Especially if the usual herd of hen parties are down for the weekend.

Advertisement