Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me please :(

Options
  • 10-04-2007 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭

i'm looking at buying a Sony Vaio (VGN-FE41E). Mainly gonnna be just used for basic things, Mp3s, internet etc etc . . . . anybody have any feelings on this laptop? Dont know much about Sony laptops at all to be honest (actually dont know much about any laptops!)

any input would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Miller

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I like Sony laptops, bit over priced for what they are, come piled with a load of Sony Crap software installed but they are quite stylish and fairly reliable! If its something basic your looking for why go for an expensive Sony tho'?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

thats what i'm thinking now alright, was on the dell webiste there having a look around and seem to able to get a very similar package (in fact, probbaly some better specs) for cheaper.......

are Dell Laptops reliable??? always a bit scared to get something this expensive over the net - no one to shout at if it all goes wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

In the last three years, I have either purchased for, or helped with the purchase of, five laptops from Dell.

Not one of them have given a single iota of a problem.

And no, I am not on commission from Dell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Dell laptops are reliable as the people who use them, take care of the laptop, treat it right and it should work fine! (that goes for any make/model!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

i'm on my first laptop a toshiba bought for €750 60 gig memory pretty basic but no complaints i wantedt o buy a more expensive powerful one, but my other "better " half insisted on a cheaper basic one
    hate to say it but she was right.

get a cheap one for your first one and u can't go wrong.

• Advertisement

thanks a million folks for the feedback, think i'm gonna go with the dell, the sony one is about 1300euro whereas i seem to be able to get a dell one with identical specs (if not better) for about 750 - 850.

money talks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

sony are a nice machine, better screen and are a bit more stylish, great if someelse is paying, but you wont go wrong with a dell. great realiable robust machine do watch their online ordering system, they offer great prices but sometimes when order they add in additonal items like extended service, just de select them if you dont require them

Typical me, so indecisive, think i'm actually going with the sony now, money aint really an issue (until the end of the month when i'll be broke!?!?!) cause i just got a bonus in work...... hopefully now thats my mind made up!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

You should post up th spec's of the laptop your going to buy and we could tell you if its worth it or not! Then you'll defo know if you're getting something good. Even still, After that we may be able to find another stylish laptop you've haven't come across yet!

Advertisement