Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Day Afternoon

Options
  • 10-04-2007 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

Finally got around to watching this film, as I had intended to for years!

Thought it was excellent
    It says it's a true story, but I'm not sure if that's true or not...
    Pacino was absolutely excellent as always, and it was hilarious too!

What do others think of it? (If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend you do!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's a great film all right. It's inspired by John_Wojtowicz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Great movie, loved the ending, was predictible but still very shocking and cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

Really great film. One of Pacino's great performances.

ATTICA! ATTICA!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

CyberGhost wrote:
    Great movie, loved the ending, was predictible but still very shocking and cold.
    Yeah, it was predictable, and when the driver opened the thing with the gun in it I was thinking "Oh no!" but I still jumped a bit when he shot Sal

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I was a bit disappointed by this movie. Sure the acting was great but there really wasn't much of a story at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

If you've forgotten how good the sometimes hammy Pacino can be, this is a film to remind you.

Plus it is good to finally see where the famous "Attica,Attica" catchphrase comes from.

The ending was surprising too. It was different to what you'd see in Hollywood now days e.g. Inside Man.

DS wrote:
    there really wasn't much of a story at all.

How do you mean?
    There was a beginning, middle and end, and in all parts I thought it was really exciting, funny and interesting(because it's true).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Classic film. Interesting to note that aside from the title sequence there's no music.

Classic film. Interesting to note that aside from the title sequence there's no music.
    Yeah, forgot about that actually, my girlfriend said the same thing about 30mins in.

I thought that made it better though, more realistic. It didn't need it anyway.
    Sort of like when you watch The Office, it feels more like a documentary without music, whereas if it had music, it'd feel like a sitcom.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

This is one of my favourite movies of all time. It's a great story, very sad, and with great performances. I think you can forget about The Godfather or Scent Of A Woman or whatnot - THIS is Pacino's best performance in my opinion. Though it's a steller cast throughout.

Came across it by accident a few years ago and loved it right from the outset. Maybe it's a film you need to discover for yourself rather than to approach due to the hype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Wonderful movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Just when they thought this thread was out, they pulled it back in!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,064 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Necromancer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

There's far too much music in movies generally.

Advertisement