Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops Problems

Options
  • 09-04-2007 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hey, hoping that someone can help me. I have a Toshiba Equium (about 6mths old) and recently it just cut out. Thought it could be power lead, fuse went or something but when its plugged in the lights are on in the front-that it until i press the power button to turn on, light stays on for a few secs and then its gone. Seems that the screen gives a small flash beforehand but if it is left plugged in when doing this-not a gug! When I turned it on the other day after it went the first time there was a msg;
    The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\Windows\System32\Hhctrl.ocx occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.
    I am a student and unfortunately havent a clue about computers and problems, I am also a fair bit away from the shop purchased so hoping that there is something I could try something before I contact them.
    Would appreciate any help that you could give me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Read this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Got the same message yesterday on my laptop. Downloaded the above patch and it has worked fine since.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Banner_girl

Have looked up microsoft and that but laptop wont turn on to download anything. Could this be causing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Have looked up microsoft and that but laptop wont turn on to download anything. Could this be causing it?

The laptop not turning on could be the cause of a lot of problems, including unresponsive keyboard, blank screen and loss of internet connectivity.

It is unlikely the original problem is causing the laptop not to power on. You should at least get a Toshiba splash screen of some sorts, then Windows should try to load.

Have you tried all the usual - with battery, without battery (i.e. on mains only)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Banner_girl

Have tried everything i could, rang customer support yesterday there coming to collect on friday. Really hoped that it wouldn't come to this, previous dealing with customer support aren't very encouraging. Ah well, what has to be done I suppose. Thanks for all the help, will keep ye posted.

Advertisement