Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planks of Silver Birch

Options
  • 09-04-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey, would anyone know of anywhere I could lay my hands on a few 3/4" or inch planks of silver birch?? About 12" wide or the nearest thing to it!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Most hardwoods will be sold rough sawn in inch thickness minimum usually, after planing they'll be more like 3/4 inch.

If in Dublin try Morgans Timber on the quays near the Point.

I think someone else mentioned Abbey Woods in a previous thread, I don't know them but I have bought hardwoods from Morgans, they're worth a ring.

I also know a crowd near Wicklow that will process the timber and sell finished Planed All Over planks, there are a few people like this but they charge a fair bit, I will look for details and post them if needed...

Or look for timber in the yellow pages.

Cheers

Advertisement