Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accounting Exemptions

• 09-04-2007 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I am looking into the ACCA exemptions that i would receive. Is there a minimum grade (%) that you need to meet before you qualify for an exemption. And if you are eligible for an exemption do you have to take it?

I studies Tax 1 and Tax 2 in 3rd commerce but only got 55% in both of them. And i studied Business Law in 1st Commerce but only got 45% do i still qualify for the exemption?

And considering i got 45% in it 5 yrs ago (cant belive its that long since i was in 1st yr :eek: ) im wondering should i just do the study and sit the ACCA exam.

Cheers
    Daryll

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hi Daryll,

Was the 45% a pass mark, and did you finish your commerce degree? If so then you'll be in for a shout re an exemption. If you get an exemption I'd advise you to take it. If you want to refresh your memory re Business Law you could just buy the book and read it - No need to ask ACCA to prove your competence! :)

The 55% pass mark in tax should be fine and possibly an exemption from the first tax paper. To be sure it would be best to contact ACCA Dublin direct. You'll probably get exempt from other part one papers also.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 daryllsheridan

Cheers for the response

Yeah i passed all the exams mentioned and got a 2.1 average in both 1st year (the 45% in business law was by far the lowest) and got a 2.1 overall degree.

Assuming then that ill qualify for the exemptions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

https://portal.accaglobal.com/accaweb/faces/page/public/accreditations/enquiry/main/EnqInstitutionsTable.jspx

Check out the above exemption list. I imagine you'll be exempt from 4 to 6 of the 14 subjects.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

It just depends on the course and colege and once you have a degree you will be entitled to exemptions based on that.

Ring the ACCA for full details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bloodninja

describe the life of someone without exemptions!!!!! just to make me happy:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement